Search engine Description issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

volusiax

Reaction score
How can I fix the google description showing Website has been successfully installed on server. Please delete file "default.php" from public_html folder and ...
Also any tips on getting my page onto google's first page.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Use Google's webmaster tools to have your site crawled again at their earliest convenience. As for getting to the front page, create a good site that other people visit, link to and talk about, or have a unique product, or serve a small community. There are no shortcuts that work over the long term, and doing things that work over the short term will get you penalized. (It's +30 for a first offence lately. That means they adjust your "organic" results backwards 30 pages, so if you should have been on page five but did tricksy things to get to the first page, you'll actually wind up on page 35, and if you clean up your act within 15 days -- eliminating or disavowing tainted links, killing hidden text, undoing any keyword cramming you may have done, etc. -- you may be allowed back to where you belong. Take too long, and it will be a long, hard road back to where you belong.) Everybody wants to be on page one, and since there are almost a billion sites live and only ten slots available, a few people are going to be disappointed.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
If you are talking about volusiaanimalemergencyhospital dot com -- the google descriptions I get is the hours of operation. It doesn't seem to pick up your Description meta tag. Maybe because you did not close the tag with />

Tips? Add more text to the page. Add more pages. Title of the pages should include your key words. Text should include your keywords.
Add the site URL to your Facebook page. Clean up your keywords meta tag -- listing 500 "keywords" means Google will ignore them all. Look anywhere your site is mentioned -- Yelp, Online yellow pages, etc. Make sure they have a link to your site.

Decide what keywords you want. Volusia ? Veterinary?

Look at the sites above you on Google and try to figure out what they are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.