So far, so good...

longbich

Reaction score
In reality when I signed up and when dozens, most, all, of the folks who sign up just click the button that says you accept the ToS or T&C's. They do not bother to read all that stuff. That stuff is repeated on every sign in in pretty much the same format in every acceptance condition. Folks just click. You just click. And yes I agreed by clicking. I will not be in a load of trouble. If the document I click on is so important, such as a Will or a Mortgage then of course people will read or even have someone qualified to read for them. Otherwise it's just a click and that's the way it should be. This is the Internet.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
So, because it's "the Internet," you don't think you need to protect yourself? You're agreeing to a legally binding contract, technically, by "clicking." Just because "people don't read them" doesn't mean that you should follow their lead. For all you know, our Terms of Service could force you to surrender your eternal soul to x10Hosting, and you just "clicked agree."

longbich

Reaction score
Ha Ha Ha yep. Thanks leafpiggy I have been having a lot of trouble unloading my eternal soul lately so to have it removed with just one click is such a relief.
I will not be following their lead I will be going along with the herd. I feel just as protected as I need to. I am not buying stuff, or selling it. I am not signing my life away into slavery (just my eternal soul). I am not winning or losing. It's just a website. A good one and all but really that's all it is.

longbich

Reaction score
Sometimes clicking gets you stuff that you don't want or didn't realize you were getting. Sometimes clicking gets you stuff that is very difficult to get rid of.
The "ASK" search program attaches itself to programs that you download and if you aren't very careful where you click instead of your Homepage or Google or Bing or Duck Duck Go you have the dumbass "ASK" attached when you open up your Homepage. Annoying? YES! Getting rid of "ASK" is difficult.

longbich

Reaction score
Okay I know I must be doing something wrong.
I just this morning undid a suspension due to inactivity.
Apparently I was INactive for a month because that's what the message politely told me was necessary. "Post at least once a month.." I looked back at my INactivity and found that I had posted in March on 12th, 13th, 14th, 16th four times, 30th and in April on the 9th.
The clue is somewhere here.
I logged in here< https://x10hosting.com/portal/" >
I went back through the website making page to the Home Page where I found that I could unsuspend myself.
Somehow I have the wrong sign in or the wrong site or the wrong method. When I sign in I log in with my email address and password and I am welcomed onto the Forums as longbich. Then I can read or contribute which I have been doing almost weekly.
I can see that I have been here. I know that I have been here.
But somehow I am not recognized as being here at least once a month.
I try.

longbich

Reaction score
And now it's 23rd April and I have logged in again and it looks to me like I am here on x10hosting.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
You need to log into that portal link once a month, logging into the forums doesn't count, nor is posting required.

bmccoy11

Reaction score
We don't need to turn this into a whole different topic, open another thread if you want to argue about reading vs not-reading the ToS. In my opinion, x10hosting has one of the most well-written ToS. They have a quick, easy to read summary at the top, and several more detailed paragraphs below the summary. When you compare these terms of service with other major websites' such as Facebook and Google, x10hosting has the least confusing terms of service. Seriously, just at least skim over it before you get your account suspended.

longbich

Reaction score
Thank you for clearing that up bmccoy11. This is is the So Far, so good thread. We all are trying to adhere to this. This topic is about having your say and so far it's been good.