Not open for further replies.

gcscfort

Prime Account
Reaction score
I cannot access my website. When I try to log in to C-Panel I get this message:
403ErrorMessage_zps55825c25.png

danny_vickers44

Reaction score
So this error is normal, I have the same problem.
Yep, check some of the other topics in this section, pretty much everyone on the free service is experiencing this right now. All accounts/websites are being migrated through servers to even out the disc space on each of them and I believe upgrades are also being conducted. Check the x10 service status blog at http://status.x10hosting.com/ for updates and also the forum announcement category I suppose. Little inconvenience for me having this down time now, since I set out some free time to work on my site, but ah well.

danny_vickers44

Reaction score
Any idea how long they are expecting the ugprade to take?
I don't have a clue, I personally have no experience migrating thousands of websites ;) I'm anxious for an update on the status blog, it's been well over 24 hours now and I've been sat here patiently throughout, can't even work on my site locally right now since I didn't back up the latest version yet :/ I've PM'd a staff member in hope of a reply soon, I'll post any updates I hear of for sure.

lostsail

Reaction score
Awesome!! Thanks danny_vickers44! Thanks for the heads up. I just published a new webpage for the game of geocaching yesterday and have had about 50 emails telling me that no one can access the game -- I woke up to see this and was like WTH! Glad they are doing an upgrade -- just wish it wasn't less than 24 hours after my new page published.

I don't have a clue, I personally have no experience migrating thousands of websites ;) I'm anxious for an update on the status blog, it's been well over 24 hours now and I've been sat here patiently throughout, can't even work on my site locally right now since I didn't back up the latest version yet :/ I've PM'd a staff member in hope of a reply soon, I'll post any updates I hear of for sure.

legion65

Reaction score
Same for me
Forbidden
Access to this resource on the server is denied!

LegionOfHeroes.x10.mx

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
The SSL error that is currently showing on the server "Absolut" is related to the server migrations that are currently in place. It is completely safe for you to push past the SSL error message in the meantime.

Just to give a little bit of background information, all the free hosting servers use an SSL certificate that has been purchased by an external company (normally AlphaSSL, run by GlobalSign). Absolut currently, however, has not yet been assigned such a certificate, and is making use of a self-signed certificate. Self-signed certificates are generally not trusted by most browsers, since they have not been verified by an external company. By pushing past the error message (and adding an "exception" in some cases), you are not going to be put at any risk, and your connection is still completely secured.

Of course it will not always stay like this; I'm sure the SSL problem will eventually be fixed as the migrations progress.

danny_vickers44

Reaction score
No updates on the blog from what I can see, my sites back up though now and I have full cpanel access etc again.

danny_vickers44

Reaction score
Looks like all the links on my site are broken since the migration so there's probably some issues still. Whenever any links are clicked, they are hyperlinked up correctly, however the page just redirects back to the page you came from. If I go to the link directly on another tab then it will go to the page fine.

danny_vickers44

Reaction score
My site was back to full service yesterday, now the MySQL is down today so my site isn't working AGAIN now, at least get the MySQL sorted out please since my account has already been migrated.

legion65

Reaction score
all i get is a default page

If you feel you have reached this page in error, please contact the web site owner:

webmaster@legionofheroes.x10.mx
It may be possible to restore access to this site by following these instructions for clearing your dns cache.

If you are the web site owner, it is possible you have reached this page because:

• The IP address has changed.
  • There has been a server misconfiguration.
  • The site may have been moved to a different server.
If you are the owner of this website and were not expecting to see this page, please contact your hosting provider.

Note: Although this site is running cPanel, WebHost Manager, and Apache software it almost certainly has no other connection to cPanel Inc. or the Apache Group. Please do not send mail about this site or its contents to cPanel Inc. or the Apache Group.

About cPanel:
cPanel is a leading provider of software for the webhosting industry. If you would like to learn more about cPanel please visit our website at www.cpanel.net. Please be advised that cPanel Inc. is not a web hosting company, and as such has no control over content found elsewhere on this site.

About Apache HTTP Server:
The Apache HTTP Server is an open source web server which powers many of the world's web sites. The Apache HTTP server is part of the Apache Group's many influential projects. Their efforts have helped shape much the world wide web, and they continue to be a dominating force in the web hosting industry.

and when i try to log in i still get

Internal Server Error

Failed to create a session
cpsrvd/11.40.1.13 Server at absolut.x10hosting.com

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Looks like all the links on my site are broken since the migration so there's probably some issues still. Whenever any links are clicked, they are hyperlinked up correctly, however the page just redirects back to the page you came from. If I go to the link directly on another tab then it will go to the page fine.
What is your site's URL? It appears there is no hosting account associated with your forum account.

legion65

Reaction score
legionofheroes.x10.mx

i can log into cpannel now, but when i go into mysql i get
Error while connecting to MySQL: Couldn't connect to /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock: connect: Connection refused

Last edited:

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Error while connecting to MySQL: Couldn't connect to /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock: connect: Connection refused
Yes, there are still some outstanding problems regarding certain services, including MySQL.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
o_O and this will convince me to ever upgrade how?
I responded to this question in another topic - please see my reponse:
The freemium model only works if you keep customers happy with your free offering
Some people believe free hosting is a "free trial" of paid hosting, but this is simply not the case. We have tens of thousands of accounts on free hosting, meaning that each free hosting server ends up hosting thousands. On premium, this is not the case - premium servers have much less people on each, and premium servers are subject to less abuse. We also employ a 99.9% Uptime Guarentee SLA on premium hosting, which means in the extremely unlikely event there is downtime, we partially refund customers based on uptime. On free hosting, there is no SLA.

few, poor quality updates
We're doing our best to keep everyone updated, but I really don't see how there is anything more to update you with. We are attempting to migrate tens of thousands of accounts to a brand new platform, and it takes quite a while for the server to finish transferring and reconfiguring each individual account. Our admins are also doing their best to fix any problems that occur in the process.

I greatly appreciate everyone's understanding of the matter and hope the migrations will be complete shortly.

http://community.x10hosting.com/threads/error-500-internal-server-error.192741/#post-925153

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.