Votes: 1 9.1%
  • good

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • excellent

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

yahia

Reaction score
I just made (but didn't finish) an HTML tutorial after reading some that were very shallow and covering deprecated stuff.
The document you will see took me two days of spontaneous idea writing, but what matters is that people concerned will be reaching it.

My goal for all this is to make a web a better place for everyone, by encouraging people to do clean markup and standards-compliant code.

Here it is ladies and gentlemen: http://yahia.exofire.net/realhtml

So go ahead, and post your comments here, the good and the bad ones ;D And please, let people that are strangers to the langauge of the web know about it.

I can rewrite the stylesheet, I know it is somekind of boring like a W3C recommendation webpage (lol), but I focused on the doc's structure and the information that it contains ; )

remarks+suggestions are also widely welcome. have a nice day (for me actually, it is midnight =P)

kryptonyte

Reaction score
Not bad. Could probably go a little more in depth, maybe into tables, forms, styles, frames, etc.

yahia

Reaction score
Yes, I should make it more advanced. But first I'll have to present more basic stuff before that ; ) thanks

Theotherside

Reaction score
I put good, it wasn't in depth enough. But still, a helpful resource, thank you.
-The Other Side

Chris Z

Reaction score
i thought it was pretty good, and i didn't even know some stuff in there haha, but i'm more interested in PHP, but pretty good tutorial ;)

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
thanks but i use dreamweaver for mosy my HTML, i never had the time to learn too much. I know php and some others, but not HTML, time to work on that

Bonekhan

Reaction score
Extremely basic... and most people have no need for this stuff anymore, as WYSIWIG HTML editors such as NVU do most of the syntax automatically. Still--its a nice tutorial, if not for completly new people who want to get into this. I agree with the norm, though: it needs to get further in depth. This stuff takes minutes to learn :\

nol888

Reaction score
I will have to agree, that, yes it is pretty good, and it also is lacking in the more advanced stuff as well.

For example: I didn't see any mention of the topics of tables and stuff, lol

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
For someone new to HTML, it seems to be a nice and easy way to learn it. Short and simple.

(My 200th post! Yay!)

Last edited:

mohamed

Reaction score
It is a really good start. I hope you continue it and get into more advanced stuff.