Cannot get started

marksvh

Reaction score
I signed up a few days ago and am unable to get to a screen that has "page" on it. Attached are the Dashboard and Control panel screens that I get. Where on the Control Panel do I start building my website?

Attachments

• dashboard.png
    dashboard.png
    66.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Control Panel.png
    Control Panel.png
    139.1 KB · Views: 3

ctyrd

Reaction score
DirectAdmin CP Menu: System Info & Files >> File Manager.
OR
DirectAdmin CP Menu: Extra Features >> Softaculous.

marksvh

Reaction score
DirectAdmin CP Menu: System Info & Files >> File Manager.
OR
DirectAdmin CP Menu: Extra Features >> Softaculous.
Thank you for your reply. I tried both avenues and neither has a 'pages' button as described in the first instructions.
The Files Manager page has icons on the left panel: "Create, new folder/text file/upload files" but I see nowhere to put them. Nowhere to open a "Home Page" or any other page to insert/paste pictures and text for the website.
The Softaculous page is where I first selected the template (SitePad - Artist) to which was assigned my domain (chi-parts.com.) Before I contacted you, I had already gone through that three times and each time after the first, it said my domain was already assigned.
Also, every time I log on, the sign-in screen never remembers my info. Perhaps there is a correlation?

Attachments

• Files Manager.png
    Files Manager.png
    155.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Softalicious.png
    Softalicious.png
    206.9 KB · Views: 3

ctyrd

Reaction score
The Files Manager page has icons on the left panel: "Create, new folder/text file/upload files" but I see nowhere to put them. Nowhere to open a "Home Page" or any other page to insert/paste pictures and text for the website.

chi-parts.com is your domain??? You must add the domain to your account first.
Update nameservers at the registrar to x10 nameservers.

all web documents should be in the domains public_html directory.
/domains/chi-parts.com/public_html
You're allowed three domains.

See the file manager preference icon settings-icon.png ? Set the file manager preference how you like it.
dafm.png

Last edited:

marksvh

Reaction score
It looks to me it is already added. Here is a screen shot of the Control Panel. It is listed as the 1/3 domain in "Domain Set-up." I have no other domains planned. What more do I need to do?

Attachments

• Control Panel.png
    Control Panel.png
    139.1 KB · Views: 3