e-mail not working on x13

jolazox1

Reaction score
Hi folks, a few days ago I got a phone call from one of my utility providers advising that my e-mail bill had bounced back as undeliverable.

Over the past few days I have tried to send several e-mails to my email account and the most recent one sent this morning bounced back with the following error:

Message not delivered​

There was a problem delivering your message to xxxx@yyyy.zzz. See the technical details below, or try resending in a few minutes.
The response from the remote server was:
550 authentication required​

My DirectAdmin cpanel is on x13.

I haven't seen any other reports of issues on x13 in the forum, so I wonder if I am the only one experiencing this issue?

ctyrd

Reaction score
Hi folks, a few days ago I got a phone call from one of my utility providers advising that my e-mail bill had bounced back as undeliverable.

Over the past few days I have tried to send several e-mails to my email account and the most recent one sent this morning bounced back with the following error:

My DirectAdmin cpanel is on x13.

I haven't seen any other reports of issues on x13 in the forum, so I wonder if I am the only one experiencing this issue?
It is not an x13 issue. It started for me after the x10 nameservers issue. I could send mail from x10 webmail successfully. Send to the x10 email account would go "550 authentication required". After updating a DNS record it would go "550 No such recipient here".

Added a new x10 free domain, and made it default. Added email account. The new account and the default email account worked as expected. I removed/deleted the original domain. In hindsight I should have reverted the original domain back to default. I wish I had tried.

karrx10h

Reaction score
Full steps? Especially the one involved in editing the DNS record.