Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquariu8

Reaction score
Any idea why my registration emails will not be delivered to Gmail, or outlook.com ??

aquariu8

Reaction score
It works fine when the person registering is using AOL mail , confusing :(

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not aware of any issues.. you may be greylisted. What email address are you sending from?

aquariu8

Reaction score
Please excuse me for my ignorance, but im not sure?? is mail from forums installed on X10 servers not sent somehow automatically ?
Is x10 being blocked from Gmail and outlook mail both ?? i can tell you for sure that aol mail isnt being blocked

dcc420x1

Reaction score
Sorry, didn't see this before posting on the 'PHP mail' thread - this is almost identical to my issue, except gmaill appears to be working fine for me...at the moment at least.
Hotmail/outlook test accounts have not received any emails all day - is this an x10>hotmail issue?

aquariu8

Reaction score
Not sure, my guess is yes, when any test i do where the new test member has an aol mail address they receive the registration just fine and almost instantly.

And sorry, i dont know what grey listed means ??

Last edited:

SylvanOgre

Reaction score
I am going to say this agen, at the risk of offending the admins and getting my account suspended...
In this "ongoing email saga" (yes, that is the subject of a nearby thread), all of these posts about emails not getting through have something in common. Find that common thing, and our email problems will go away.

BTW, I had problems with gmail and aol. Sometimes the message would be sent and sometimes it wouldnt. Sometimes I would receive the message and sometimes I wouldnt. Then there was a 2 week stretch where NOBODY got my emails. I had to stop using my x10host email and go with another provider.

sicelx10

Reaction score
@leafypiggy said on a thread that he will contact to Outlook:
"
I'd definitely contact them and see if you can get any information about why they might be blocking.
Since it's free, shared hosting, all the mail gets routed through a central server.. so it's possible that they're blacklisting our MTA server."

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Uhh... I did nothing of the sort. I said that the individual users who are affected by this should contact Outlook/Hotmail/Live Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.