FTP Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
When trying to log into my FTP program (I'm using FileZilla) for one of my domain's I get this message,

Status: Connection attempt failed with "EAI_NODATA - No address associated with nodename".
Error: Could not connect to server

I've checked and it's not being blocked by my firewall and I have all the login info correct. Plus when I log into my other domain on FileZilla, it works fine. Can anyone help with a resolution? I'm still able to upload files through cPanel, but using FTP is so much easier I'd really like to get this fixed.

Thanks in advance.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Hi, by chance have you made any changes to your DNS zone for julie.elementfx.com in cPanel? It looks like the ftp. record has been removed. You should be able to re-create this in cPanel X3's DNS zone editor. You may also use the hostname julie.elementfx.com directly to connect to FTP, and you may need to do this for the next few hours even once the ftp record has been recreated, due to possible DNS caching.

Reaction score
I have not changed the DNS settings through cPanel, but I have had to mess with the DNS settings for my internet connection a couple times in the last few months. I see the DNS editor on cPanel, but have idea what info it is asking for.

ETA: Ok, I figured out what I had to do. I went into the "Simple DNS Zone Editor", selected my domain, and in the "add a record" area created a name for the record and added in my IP address. But when I click "add a record" I get an error that reads "Unable to find SOA record".

I searched for help on that and found a post that told me to go to the "Advanced DNS Zone Editor" and reset the zone file. I've done that, but still get the errors in the simple editor. So I am still seeking help to this issue. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Updating this thread to state that I am still having this issue. When I attempt to connect through Filezilla I get an error.
"Connection attempt failed with "EAI_NODATA - No address associated with nodename".

I know it has something to do with my DNS Server, but I have no idea how to fix it.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
For Filezilla:

HOST: yourServer.x10hosting.com -- not your domain. no "ftp" . Since the Free Hosting account linked to this Forum account , is on Vox, that would make it vox.x10hosting.com

PORT: leave blank

PROTOCOL: FTP

ENCRYPTION: Use plain FTP

Logon Type: Normal

User: your cPanel user name

Password: you cPanel password

That should work.

Reaction score
Thanks for the help.
Where do I find my cPanel username and password? When I log into my X10 account and click to go to cPanel, I don't have to enter anything it just automatically logs me in.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
cPanel, left side, "Home directory" should say /home/YOURcPANELUserName

Password is the same you use to log onto your x10 account

Status
Not open for further replies.