Need a admin or mod to verify something

bidsl1

Reaction score
Hello i just wanted to ask a quick question that i would like to clear up before i go ahead with it. I have been designing and building my website on one of your free servers and everything has been great. I now need to open the website i have built but this means (hopefully a lot of traffic)

I will also need to run 3 cron jobs none stop every min so * * * * * basically

I know i can not do this on the free hosting account but would like to know the following if anyone can help me please.

My website is http://www.auctionsl.com

Would a VPS run my website fine without getting me banned for running none stop crons every min.

Also all i need on my server is linux running php5 and mysql (also cron jobs)

I was thinking of getting the cheapest VPS from you's to see how things go and if it gets going good buying the advanced package.

Thank you Daniel.

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
first, instead of running 3 crons every minute, run one which would run a bash script, which then could do what you want.
second, i would suggest only getting a vps if you know linux and know how to work a shell.
Last, if the scripts arn't to intensive, you could probably just get paid hosting, not a vps.
I also noticed that your site is an auction site. If one or more of these scripts are for handling timers on auctions(ie when they end), you could use something like 5 minutes.

i find it fairly hard to imagine that you need to run 3 separate scripts every minute though,

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
As long as it's not on the same server I'm on...!