Page Load time

n4tec

Reaction score
here is a php script to display the page load time in secs... Check how slow or how fast your sites loads... if it loads btn 0 - 10 that is ok but lower it better, if it loads btn 11 -20 that is fair and if it loads btn 21 - aboveget rid of that site...

Code:
<?php
//put at begining of file

function utime (){
$time = explode( " ", microtime());
$usec = (double)$time[0];
$sec = (double)$time[1];
return $sec + $usec;
}
$start = utime();

//put at end of page before /body and /h // tml tags

$end = utime(); $run = $end - $start; echo "Page expelled in " . substr($run, 0, 5) . " secs.";
//Nothing after this 
?>

You can see the link to see it in action. here is the crater

Last edited by a moderator:

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I dont see where it says how fast it loaded your site.

n4tec

Reaction score
look for "Page expelled in" which is located in the side bar...

*4*

n4tec

Reaction score
if i were to remove the banner and the logo it would load faster... the banner and the logo take about 1 - 3 secs.

my page loaded "in 2.694 secs"

*4*

oh i forgot to add the beginning and ending commands for php code... please add them!!!

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Other than phpbb doesnt most forum software come with this option ? Mine displays along the bottom of the page along with the number of queries.

Goten X

Reaction score
Auvee said:
bigguy said:
Other than phpbb doesnt most forum software come with this option ? Mine displays along the bottom of the page along with the number of queries.
I haven't seen many scripts with it built in, they usually require hacking, no? I think the script n4 posted is for home made scripts though, unless you were to hack it a bit to fit the script.

-Auvee B.

I Believe BigGuy is right. I've seen it on SMF, phpbb, and IPB forums, though I can't remember if it was a mod for the invision boards. I've also seen it on many topites. None the less, great script, lookin foward to usin it.

|GX

n4tec

Reaction score
You can use that script for your personal website, blog or whatever you what to use it for... Forums seem to have it but does your site have it...

You must have noticed that place for the "browser"... I am trying to get the code to work...

*4*