review my social networking site

xweb3x10

Reaction score
http://www.thestatusfeed.com/ works... but how about a demo login for us to use?

The spacing is too tight IMO. You're welcome to try this in base.css:

HTML BODY .ow_page_container .ow_page
{
padding-top: 5px;
padding-left: 50px;
padding-right: 80px;
}

.ow_main_menu
{
position: absolute;
top: 95px;
left: 47px;
z-index: 1;
width: 950px;
transform: rotate(-1deg);
-ms-transform: rotate(-1deg);
-moz-transform: rotate(-1deg);
-webkit-transform: rotate(-1deg);
-o-transform: rotate(-1deg);
}

Last edited:

Zenax

Reaction score
Hi,

Looks good to start off with. There are a few things that I would improve on. The first is the text based logo at the top of the website. I would change that for a better looking graphic logo. Something that would tie in with the background at the top. Another, is the fact that, I would of preferred a landing page rather than being greeted by the registration page straight away. IMO I would change the colours on the links at the bottom of the page (just a personal view on that bit :D) Other than that I like the layout, nice and clean cut. Just what you need :D for this style of website.

rick

Reaction score
My initial impression was that i was going to sign up for a murder mystery game, with the gothic background and red logo text. If that's the theme of the social network then it's very effective!;) but from the one line description "Find new friends, date up, share photo and video" i guess maybe not?

When signing up to a website (especially when only want to have a look around) it needs to be easy for people to do so, presenting them with a long page of questions feels alot of hard work when you're not sure if it's worth the reward. All you need to ask for is an email address and password, worry about the rest later once the user feels they are already into the process.

Overall, if it was less effort to sign up, i would have been very tempted to look further, interesting early progress! :)

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that's an Oxwall "feature", Rick, and needs actual PHP knowledge to fix. But then I don't quite see the need for another general-purpose social site, particularly one with no new "killer" features that can't scale. The site really needs an identifiable narrow focus of some sort (geographical, umbrella "topic" or interest,... something) to attract a community.

rick

Reaction score
That's too bad, maybe it could keep the current styling and actually turn into a murder-mystery-social-network whereby each week a random user is choosen to be the murderer and everyone else is given cyrptic clues, to find out who it is, winner takes all. :D