Server Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

amalfra79

Reaction score
i bought a new domain. is this a good time to park it in cpanel? or should i wait till all this migration mess is over?

rustydum

Reaction score
if Chopin hasent mooved yet why am i getting a 404 ?? tad confusseld :C please up date the status of Chopin so i know whats up thanks epic work by the way keep it up X3

danielle.seiley61

Prime Account
Reaction score
if Chopin hasent mooved yet why am i getting a 404 ?? tad confusseld :C please up date the status of Chopin so i know whats up thanks epic work by the way keep it up X3

I'm also on Chopin and for the past couple of hours I've been getting 404s & the default web site page error. Cpanel on the other hand was working just fine up until just a little bit ago. Now I can no longer access Cpanel and receiving a "This webpage is not available" error. So my advice is to see if you can still access Cpanel and if not you, like me, are probably currently being moved to the new server. Just to let everyone who's on Chopin know that if you can not access Cpanel head over to vox.x10hosting.com:2083 and you should be able to access the new server's Cpanel.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes it appears Chopin is currently in the process of being migrated - I've added an update to the status blog.

bumpusk

Reaction score
This past Monday, before there was anything on the Status Page, or the Recent News and Announcements Forum, I opened a new Support Ticket (#23129 - Unannounced changes that aren't helpful ... security / RVSiteBuilder ...).

Since that ticket doesn't seem to summon a reply, and I noticed that at least you can get an occasional reply from a 'Community Advocate' in this forum, I thought I would restate my concerns here. I know you are busy, and hopefully the redundancy doesn't come across as badgering--but since I noticed on the Service Status Page that you now say, "Absolut's web services and cPanel appear to have restored," I was just wondering (as I also annotated a little while ago on my service ticket) why am I still missing the RVSiteBuilder tool that was in cPanel before? I'm really hoping this will return because I don't know how to edit my site without it! Can anyone reassure me that it will eventually be returning?

Thank you.

(Actually absolut's security certificate is still not trusted either, but I'm sure you will eventually get to that! I'm more concerned to find you believe the services are restored, and yet RVSiteBuilder has not been returned ..?)

jfshoste

Reaction score
... why am I still missing the RVSiteBuilder tool that was in cPanel before? I'm really hoping this will return because I don't know how to edit my site without it! Can anyone reassure me that it will eventually be returning?

I cannot reassure you as I am not an admin, but I imagine that the way they are working things for the transfer is to get users moved over to the new servers with cpanel and MySQL database running again all fine, and then install softalicious and I am gussing RVSiteBuilder once that's complete.

I think you should get an answer to this once an admin reads your post.

Regards
Jim,

dave18

Reaction score
Just to let everyone who's on Chopin know that if you can not access Cpanel head over to vox.x10hosting.com:2083 and you should be able to access the new server's Cpanel.

Thanks for this post. I did that just now, and am able to see both my web site files and MySQL database there.

Already I updated my A-record to reflect the change. I guess I'll just have to wait.

For everyone else "complaining" but are using the free service, especially those making money: just remember that the x10 people are spending costs on making this free service available to you, while you (at least try to) make money at their expense. Something to keep in mind, perhaps.

I'll post a ticket or so if I need help. Not happy with this either, but I'm thankful nonetheless for at least making some effort letting people know how things are going.

Good luck.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Since that ticket doesn't seem to summon a reply, and I noticed that at least you can get an occasional reply from a 'Community Advocate' in this forum,
I do free hosting tickets too - it's just that in the last few days our volunteers have been flooded with hundreds of tickets related to the migration. We're trying to get through them, but this is why there may be a delay in a reply.

I noticed on the Service Status Page that you now say, "Absolut's web services and cPanel appear to have restored," I was just wondering (as I also annotated a little while ago on my service ticket) why am I still missing the RVSiteBuilder tool that was in cPanel before?
The migration is not complete yet - there are still a few tweaks that we need to make to the settings, including Softaculous and a few other addons. This quote from the status post was referring to Absolut's downtime due to the migrations. :)

(Actually absolut's security certificate is still not trusted either, but I'm sure you will eventually get to that! I'm more concerned to find you believe the services are restored, and yet RVSiteBuilder has not been returned ..?)
Yep, that is another little thing that needs to be setup. We have mainly been focusing on getting the files across and getting your websites back up for now. Then we will focus on things like this :) If you are wondering for the specifics, currently the new cPanel is using a "Self-Signed" certificate, which causes some browsers to trigger it as "unsafe". We will hopefully be installing an SSL certificate signed by an external registrar soon.

lastremn

Reaction score
I'm sorry for asking, as I understand that there are a lot of questions been shot at you, but any ETA on Boru's move? I'd like to be using my forum as soon as possible :)

recove74

Reaction score
I'm sorry for asking, as I understand that there are a lot of questions been shot at you, but any ETA on Boru's move? I'd like to be using my forum as soon as possible :)

Your not the only one waiting on BORU need my site up..

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Currently it looks like Boru has been migrated to Level, but the DNS has not yet reflected the change.
Therefore, currently sites on Level are pointing to Boru, which is why sites aren't loading at this time.

drvynet

Reaction score
I would suggest for the next time, giving the new IP's for those who use their own domain....its like... yeah ok you have moved the servers but the new ip's are different and the website is still down.. you have to ping your own free domain (thats stupid) to get the new IP and put it in the dns records... and for users using Cloudflare is the same thing..

Normally when a hosting company is doing such a large migration, they send you an email giving you all the details...

Regards

Last edited:

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
I would suggest for the next time, giving the new IP's for those who use their own domain....its like... yeah ok you have moved the servers but the new ip's are different and the website is still down.. you have to ping your own free domain (thats stupid) to get the new IP and put it in the dns records... and for users using Cloudflare is the same thing..
In a normal situation, users would be pointing their domains to our nameservers which would automatically update. So this isn't really necessary.

Normally when a hosting company is doing such a large migration, they send you an email giving you all the details...
I have already posted here explaining why a mass email would not be possible - I'm not willing to repeat myself.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score

Regards

If you read the first post of this thread, you will find out which IPs will be which new server, as well as information about which of the new servers you would be placed on based on where you used to be :)

We are consolidating the users from the previous 5 Free Hosting servers onto 3 new servers with better hardware specifications. The servers Starka and Stoli will become Absolut, the servers Chopin and Lotus will become Vox, and Boru will become Level. We have chosen this configuration to balance the number of users on all three of the new servers so that they are all roughly equivalent.

Along with the server move, we are also changing the IPs that these servers resolve to. If you are using custom domains and are using A records in order to make them resolve to x10Hosting, the new server IPs are below:
Absolut - 198.91.81.2
Level - 198.91.81.3
Vox - 198.91.81.4

albisian

Reaction score
That was pretty fast and I'm satisfied for the most part. :) I'm just waiting on my cPanel to work (I was using Boru). So, thanks again for the server moves.

bluedr45

Reaction score
I have not been able to access my cpanel since late last night. I know there is a lot of work going on with server moves but i'm using CHOPIN when attempting to access cpanel. I havent heard much related to that particular server so im just curious if this is just me or if others using this server are also having issues. Anxious to get back on line as i have updates to a site i'm currently designing and the people im designing it for are anxious to see it.

Thanks for all the great work.

ruggiero66

Reaction score
Hi!

Add another Chopin user here. My site has migrated, but my CPANEL is missing the advanced DNS Zone Editor, so it makes changing and coordinating DNS records difficult - I cannot change anything using the SIMPLE DNS editor.

In fact, I am an X10 Premium user too, and the DNS records in the simple editor for VOX are held over from when I was on "S4.X10PREMIMUM.COM"

Hope someone can understand that, and more importantly, FIX IT.

Username = ruggiero

Status
Not open for further replies.