Microsoft behind again!

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I was under the impression that Microsoft was releasing a service pack for Vista in the later part of the year. LOL. Like that is anywhere near happening. If they are trying to collect all the errors that vista sends home they will be waiting for years. Daily I get a new error from vista.
"Symantec core has stopped working"
"VMCLite has stopped working"
"Runtime error '7', out of memory(got over a gig)"
"Nero has stopped working(dont even have nero)"
"Windows has undergone a critical error and must do a system dump(sure you got enough toilet papper for that poop your carrying?)"

There are so many bugs in it, its not funny anymore.
Tried installing Dreamweaver on vista and then using your Windows help?
Its gone(oh no)... Got a reg fix for it, but still(think this is more Macromedia's stuff up).

Tried installing anything with out having UAC(User Account Control) off or not right clicking it and running as administrator? Everything is backward in this OS. Seperate *.exe's for every tab in the customize desktop window.

Ok, now I have had my ramble and got it off my chest... I think I can go on today and smile when those little boxs pop up.

Last edited:

deadimp

Reaction score
Heh, that's why when I got a new computer, I asked specifically not to get Vista.

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I had no choice.
The laptop I wanted only came with Vista and there are almost no drivers for XP. Must say as much as Vista has its cons, there are a few pros.

My biggest pro with it is the MP3 ftag renaiming tools. Its built in to the explorer window, select one or many MP3's and go for it there and then.
Great when you trying to maintain and sort out over 175gig's.

blitzkrieg

Reaction score
I'll probably get vista after SP1 comes out. Same happened with Windows XP. I installed it right when it got out and it was really bad so I uninstalled and waited for SP1. Today, WinXP is the most used OS and Vista might do the same in a few years.

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Microsoft has already started cutting down the amount of OEM's of XP.

So rather get used to Vista now, cause when its the only option you got for that great new software you just got. You gonna be lost and cursing all over the place.

The_Magistrate

Reaction score
It surprises me that companies still force Vista on new computer purchases. XP has to be cheaper for them, so I wonder why they even bother.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
It surprises me that companies still force Vista on new computer purchases. XP has to be cheaper for them, so I wonder why they even bother.

It's why Dell is still offering XP machines; and I believe the new Vostro SB series can have OS customizations from Vista to XP to various server releases. XP can run on what is now the "bare minimum". Vista requires way too many resources to run, and if you're aiming for performance, the aesthetics it brings are completely useless.

I'm planning on buying up OEM versions of XP Professional here at UT, and reading about how to put Vista into a partition, install XP, and delete the Vista partition. I hear if you try to reformat normally, you get a nice BSOD.

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

I think a better way of looking at is "XP has paid for itself time and time over, Vista possibly broke the bank and still needs to be independant"

I cant even run a dual boot on this laptop without having to download all the Vista drivers to. It came with a HP backup manager, make your own "backup" DVD. I still cant beleive I dont have a hard copy of my drivers and OS.

I tried running uBuntu and it just hangs...

SO I am stuck... hmpf.
Advantage(kinda, if you bear in mind its got Vista) is it plays games pretty well.
AMD Sempron 3500+ 1.8ghz CPU(not the best, but better than celeron)
1gig ram(waiting for supplier to run a special).
256mb geforce graphics card with 128mb shared ram. But vista shows a total of 319mb graphics memory(doh).

When looking at the spec, take in to consideration that I live in South Africa
Edit:
Spartan Erik said:
x10_animated.gif

Thats the vista start bar. If not its even got what i think looks like a reflection of the screen on it.

Last edited:

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah, I am sure they are. But that is out of chain of thought when the frustration kicks in when trying to do something on Vista. In fact, if any thought towards microsodt came to mind it would tend toward violent.

When Vista SP1 comes out, maybe Vista will become the standard.

MaTe1968

Reaction score
Well it seem that Windows Vista will be another Windows ME , I don't have any problem yet with vista but there is a lot of people that they want XP than vista but what you can spect when microsoft they are working with windows 7 something like that that can not remember the name right now , but i read somewhere that Windows 7 will come in 2009 so I think is time that Microsoft Give us money back for all this bull ....

Have a nice day!

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Are you reffering to Microsoft Surface?
Totaly new way to interface with a computer. Keyboardless and mousless.
Still relies on a registry and drive letters though !

scorch94

Reaction score
I was under the impression that Microsoft was releasing a service pack for Vista in the later part of the year. LOL. Like that is anywhere near happening. If they are trying to collect all the errors that vista sends home they will be waiting for years. Daily I get a new error from vista.
"Symantec core has stopped working"
"VMCLite has stopped working"
"Runtime error '7', out of memory(got over a gig)"
"Nero has stopped working(dont even have nero)"
"Windows has undergone a critical error and must do a system dump(sure you got enough toilet papper for that poop your carrying?)"

There are so many bugs in it, its not funny anymore.
Tried installing Dreamweaver on vista and then using your Windows help?
Its gone(oh no)... Got a reg fix for it, but still(think this is more Macromedia's stuff up).

Tried installing anything with out having UAC(User Account Control) off or not right clicking it and running as administrator? Everything is backward in this OS. Seperate *.exe's for every tab in the customize desktop window.

Ok, now I have had my ramble and got it off my chest... I think I can go on today and smile when those little boxs pop up.

That's why I dropped Vista and got back to XP.

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
As stated, wish I could.
Idealy would like a dual XP/uBuntu boot up.
HP sux in that I cant really get rid of Vista.
It feels like we are loosing more and more control over our PC itself when microsoft is in the picture.

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I still would rather put a PC together with half of what you would spend on your mac and then spend the other half getting software custome made for me.
:p

Last edited:

Trixter

Reaction score
@DefecTalisman: I have a simple equation for you.

"Vista + installation = tons of headaches"

lol I have 4 gig of memory in my beta machine and Vista still gives me the "Runtime error '7', out of memory" error. Adobe, Office and just about every other program runs MUCH slower on it just so you know I have aero turned off! (got sick of it after 2 days) :p Vistas gonna be so buggy for the next 1-2 versions because Microsoft's changed the way their coders think how to create code this means we get to be the guinea pigs till they figure out how to code again. the reason Microsoft gives is they supposedly want to make it more "secure"! lol theres a laugh. heres my translation "We're tired of some people sharing our software without paying us so now we're gonna lock everybody out, screw functionally we want payment!!!" :D

Did you get the the Vista workshop launch back in March? I went to the one in Durban and the guy Microsoft sent to teach the coarse was a 100% bona fide idiot! we (the students) ended up telling him more about Vista's shortcuts, features, installation, errors, he wasn't even sure of Vistas required hardware specifications to run Aero!!!
What does this tell us? well it tells me that Microsoft's either going to make a killing on the ignorance of the public and make their name blacker then it already is in the technical sector (not sure thats really possiable but...) or (hopefully) the John Q public will wake up and demand a change.

Last edited:

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
@Trixter : So you are a SAFA (South African F***er, UK slang for us SA folk)?

I have very little intrest in Microsoft, other than how i directly stuffs with my day.
I agree with you totaly on the whole rebuild comment, another way for them to sell us faulty/buggy software at overpriced rates.

There are a few nice function in Vista, but would have been better served in XP. I wish they would do away with the registry and the drive letters.

Trixter

Reaction score
@DefecTalisman: lol, Yep I'm in SA but I've only been here for just under 10 years XD