microsoft giving out free domain!??!?!

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
Looking at it it doesn't look like a scam, but since it is microsoft there might be some loopholes and strings attached to but I'll take a look and get back.
Edit:
Like you said, it requires a credit card...Tough luck or a scam whatever it's microsoft,X10hosting is enough for me here's to X10hosting. Cheers!!!

Last edited:

legendphil

Reaction score
hao!

that offer is still on!?!

I've heard of it months ago, perhaps its still on 'coz there's a whole bunch of people who took Microsoft's offer. a scam?. how come? PEACE!

chunsiang

Reaction score
i see, bud the only drawback is credit card :( sigh, not everything in the world is free. lols

Axe_Swipe

Reaction score
It looks like a fairly decent deal for someone who wants to have a simple site and is familiar with using MS Office applications.

chunsiang

Reaction score
lols, i tink they claim the cc prevents a massive spamming of free domain names.

Last edited:

Axe_Swipe

Reaction score
They use the credit card to verify that an actual person is registering and not some spam-bot or such.

chunsiang

Reaction score
well, i dun own a cc, and neither will anyone lend me theirs. so its no use to me :( boohoo!

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
That was out ages ago I'll probably try it out later.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
If it is free, then why ask for the credit card

From the site :

Why do you need my credit card for a free subscription?
Even though Microsoft Office Live Basics is a free service, we still require a credit card in order to validate that every customer is a legitimate entity. We are concerned for two reasons:

Microsoft wants to help mitigate fraud and strives to ensure that the Web sites we provide for our small business customers are for valid purposes. Requiring a valid credit card is intended to decrease the likelihood that malicious users will sign up.

We also require a credit card to facilitate payment of additional services (e.g., the purchase of additional domain names or extra storage). With your explicit permission, we can establish monthly billing using your credit card information. You will be able to continue using our services without interruption and without having to submit additional account information.

When you sign up for a Microsoft Office Live account, Microsoft performs a $1 authorization check on your credit card to verify that the card information you are using is valid and up to date. A temporary $1 charge may appear on your online credit card statement for a short period, but will not appear on your final billing statement for that period.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Dang, they charge. I rather buy a yahoo domain.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Well I don't think they can give it back on a visa gift card.

MaTe1968

Reaction score
microsoft have been with this over a year , and is true they dont charge anything to you creditcard they just want to know if is real person who is applying for the domain i have mine with them but i used only for families purpose so go head and try it

Last edited:

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Do they take visa gift cards?

knutico

Reaction score
meh, I'll just get a yahoo one, not the cheapest, but is the one I trust the most