Review My Website

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
Okay! Yeah, "Pyloth" did make me think of "Python" very briefly, which is a genus of snakes, as you mentioned, and not just a programming language. You should make it an acronym for something!

Thanks for the credits! I'm kind of new here, and it's the first time anyone has ever given me credits. I suppose I can give those credits to other people when it comes time to have my website reviewed. It's a good system.

Anyhow, good luck with your website, eh.
I will also, give you rep :] Rep gives members 25 credits for every rep received from another person.

Last edited:

kkenny

Reaction score
I'll give it a shot *wishes for 25*

The portal is ok, just the bottom link for freehosting kind of throws it off. (Maybe you could integrate that into an imagemap or whatever idk) The color scheme on the website is great! Better than many IPB forums I've seen, I like the icons and how everything is fully customized in your forum, but as some have said, this looks more like a website then a forum. I don't really have any suggestions other than to keep the good work up.

reglus

Reaction score
Amazaing site. I love the way you have skinned and used the full potential on the Invision Power Board.

However there is one thing in the skin that I would change and that is in the topic view where it says topic option it is currently black. I think that is the only thing letting the skin down. But overall good site. :cool:

Dan

Reaction score
I think your site looks very good. The Enter page looks great, the x10 ad kind of spoils it but I suppose you can't do much about that. Also to me that Font used for Enter Here and the name in the header of the main forum doesn't look right with the design... Also you can't see very well the name in the header - maybe make it bigger or make it slightly brighter colours. Other than that your design is brilliant!! Only one other thing - why is your favicon a blue background with an R???

taekwondokid42

Reaction score
I really like the layout. I have 2 suggestions though. Since you only have 13 members, you should probably delete a lot of the forums that have no posts, or that do not interest any of your thirteen members. Remember, you can always bring back the forums or add new forums once you have more members.

My other suggestion is that you put something on the site other than the forums. People would be more likely to come to a site with something unique than a site with just a forum.

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
I'll give it a shot *wishes for 25*

The portal is ok, just the bottom link for freehosting kind of throws it off. (Maybe you could integrate that into an imagemap or whatever idk) The color scheme on the website is great! Better than many IPB forums I've seen, I like the icons and how everything is fully customized in your forum, but as some have said, this looks more like a website then a forum. I don't really have any suggestions other than to keep the good work up.
Yeah it does, but it is better than the bigger flashing ads. I can't alter the ad script in any way (against x10hosting rules). So, I can't make it an image map. I might take some off, but I rather keep them on so when i start putting up more topics it will look more active.
+10 creds

Amazaing site. I love the way you have skinned and used the full potential on the Invision Power Board.

However there is one thing in the skin that I would change and that is in the topic view where it says topic option it is currently black. I think that is the only thing letting the skin down. But overall good site. :cool:
I don't know what you are talking about. If you mean the black rectangle, than I don't see what the problem is. I think that looks great there.
+5 creds

I think your site looks very good. The Enter page looks great, the x10 ad kind of spoils it but I suppose you can't do much about that. Also to me that Font used for Enter Here and the name in the header of the main forum doesn't look right with the design... Also you can't see very well the name in the header - maybe make it bigger or make it slightly brighter colours. Other than that your design is brilliant!! Only one other thing - why is your favicon a blue background with an R???

As for the "R" favicon, I was going to call it Riplot, but then I found this skin and went : O PERFECT! So, I still haven't done a new favicon yet xS
+10 creds

I really like the layout. I have 2 suggestions though. Since you only
have 13 members, you should probably delete a lot of the forums that have no posts, or that do not interest any of your thirteen members. Remember, you can always bring back the forums or add new forums once you have more members.

My other suggestion is that you put something on the site other than the forums. People would be more likely to come to a site with something unique than a site with just a forum.
I was going to do a MMO browser-based game or maybe a regular arcade game site. whichever I choose to do. Maybe I could do something unique or of that such.
+10 creds

Thank You All!

Last edited:

Nothingness

Reaction score
I like the solid design of the Skin that you are using. I can imagine the forum growing into an active environment with lots of posts and great things to come. What I think needs imporvemnt its your logo. I feel that it is too basic and with just a little Photoshop work, it can look much better, also, the colors on the logo are both dark, not allowing a comfort in contrast. Just my personal Opinion. Other than that, it definatly looks very nice and best of luck!

yes, cred!

Last edited:

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
I like the solid design of the Skin that you are using. I can imagine the forum growing into an active environment with lots of posts and great things to come. What I think needs imporvemnt its your logo. I feel that it is too basic and with just a little Photoshop work, it can look much better, also, the colors on the logo are both dark, not allowing a comfort in contrast. Just my personal Opinion. Other than that, it definatly looks very nice and best of luck!

yes, cred!

Any detail in how it should look? I really don't have an official logo just yet.
+10 creds

Last edited:

VPmase

Reaction score
I like the layout. Colors look nice and work well with each other. I think the favicon tricks you into thinking its not going to be a dark themed site but whatever :)
Also, I don't like how you have people go through the index page where you have to click the image to enter, thats a waste of time in my opinion.

A suggestion: The power icon underneath your "Pyloth" logo text seems useless so you should use the space around it to take less space with your links, the site is tall enough without wasted space.

dwd2000

Reaction score
Very nice. The contrast is a little hard on my eyes after a while, but I like it a lot. I especially like the calender. I wish I could do that kind of site someday. I'm still stuck in the html ages, or the dinosaur age as far as website design is concerned. Good luck with it.

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
What's the purpose of the splash page? If people didn't want to enter your site they wouldn't be clicking on the link or typing its address. And if they decide to leave, they can close the tab or browser window, or click back.
http://www.websiteoptimization.com/speed/tweak/splash/
Users are primarily "informavores" on the Web. They scavenge for interesting tidbits to digest in their quest for better information. By putting a splash page between your site and your users, you are erecting a barrier to your offerings. In fact, webmasters who have analyzed their log files report bailout rates between 16% to 71% for splash screens (Nielsen 1998, Sullivan 1997, Marlatt 1999).
http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2007/10/11/splash-pages-do-we-really-need-them/
And users literally can’t stand them, because splash pages usually take a long time to load and provide (almost) no navigation options — except of “entering the site”.
http://www.netmechanic.com/news/vol3/promo_no13.htm
Close your eyes and imagine using a design technique for your Web site that increases page load time, encourages people to leave the site, confuses search engines, and discourages repeat visitors. Did you imagine a splash page? You should have.

As for reviewing the site (well, forum) itself: I don't really see any unique content. If you want people to sign up, that's exactly what you need. All I see is another forum that tries to cover all topics, which are the ones that frequently fail. There are way too many categories and way too little posts in them, which does not give a good impression for the user. Try to merge many of them to reduce the total amount of separate sections, and your forum will look more active, making more people want to join.

Last edited:

Sohail

Reaction score
The splash page looks extremely professional, it suits the theme of the site inside so i guess you should keep that there and the graphics on the splash page are very effective and looks very nice.

I have to say, your favicon looks very good too but it's not that easy to understand what the "R" is supposed to represent so i think you should do something about that...

The name of your website is very classy and i really like the font you used in your logo, i think you should use that font with your buttons too as getting things to match in your site can make it very effective. Everything on your forums are very organized plus you have a lot of things to talk about so i believe your community will start to grow very fast if i'm not mistaken ;).

The graphics on your forum make the site look even more professional. I really like the effect of your "on" button in your logo and the transparency effect you used on the inactive forums makes it looks very nice.

Overall i don't think i could give you any suggestions as your site is already, over the standards. As soon as you get people posting in your forums, i would actually give it a 10/10 and trust me, i don't do that to many people so i guess the only thing you need to work on at the moment is your advertising...

Good luck ;).

satheesh

Reaction score
Really nice site.
Nice Forums.
I like your Arts.
Add shout box to your forums.
Nice Color.

Sir Rusty

Reaction score
7.1 Too Dark but matches. Logo needed. Way to many forums members hate to scroll and love to click. Remember use the sub-forums...
Looks kinda boring. Nice you have a staff. The Flash Entrace was annoying.

Suggestions:

- Use the Sub-Forums Feature to many forums
- Have atleast 4-5 categories.
- Theme too dark.
- Add some MODS

(I'll sign up)

PS - Keep your credits. I'll earn mines by posting. :)

Last edited:

Pills1221

Reaction score
your forum looks very cool and organized. its easy to find what your looking for. the template you are using as dfefault is awesome. i jsut had to say that. it looks really cool. its easy to navigate through and is all around unique. the only thing i would suggest is to advertise to get more members. :) and btw i joined as... Pills lol

and as for the post above me, i disagree. i liked the enter here button.

Last edited:

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
your forum looks very cool and organized. its easy to find what your looking for. the template you are using as dfefault is awesome. i jsut had to say that. it looks really cool. its easy to navigate through and is all around unique. the only thing i would suggest is to advertise to get more members. :) and btw i joined as... Pills lol

and as for the post above me, i disagree. i liked the enter here button.
+10credits
Thanks very much. :] I am however looking for some staff...

7.1 Too Dark but matches. Logo needed. Way to many forums members hate to scroll and love to click. Remember use the sub-forums...
Looks kinda boring. Nice you have a staff. The Flash Entrace was annoying.

Suggestions:

- Use the Sub-Forums Feature to many forums
- Have atleast 4-5 categories.
- Theme too dark.
- Add some MODS

(I'll sign up)

PS - Keep your credits. I'll earn mines by posting. :)
+0 credits because he wanted me to keep them :p
I actually have some forums hidden at the moment so it doesn't look like too much. I do need staff at the moment as well.

Really nice site.
Nice Forums.
I like your Arts.
Add shout box to your forums.
Nice Color.
+5 credits
Thanks...I actually tried a shoutbox, but it didn't work out too well...

The splash page looks extremely professional, it suits the theme of the site inside so i guess you should keep that there and the graphics on the splash page are very effective and looks very nice.

I have to say, your favicon looks very good too but it's not that easy to understand what the "R" is supposed to represent so i think you should do something about that...

The name of your website is very classy and i really like the font you used in your logo, i think you should use that font with your buttons too as getting things to match in your site can make it very effective. Everything on your forums are very organized plus you have a lot of things to talk about so i believe your community will start to grow very fast if i'm not mistaken ;).

The graphics on your forum make the site look even more professional. I really like the effect of your "on" button in your logo and the transparency effect you used on the inactive forums makes it looks very nice.

Overall i don't think i could give you any suggestions as your site is already, over the standards. As soon as you get people posting in your forums, i would actually give it a 10/10 and trust me, i don't do that to many people so i guess the only thing you need to work on at the moment is your advertising...

Good luck ;).
+25 credits
Thank you very much. I actually will be trying to advertise now since I have plenty of time.

What's the purpose of the splash page? If people didn't want to enter your site they wouldn't be clicking on the link or typing its address. And if they decide to leave, they can close the tab or browser window, or click back.
http://www.websiteoptimization.com/speed/tweak/splash/

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2007/10/11/splash-pages-do-we-really-need-them/

http://www.netmechanic.com/news/vol3/promo_no13.htm

As for reviewing the site (well, forum) itself: I don't really see any unique content. If you want people to sign up, that's exactly what you need. All I see is another forum that tries to cover all topics, which are the ones that frequently fail. There are way too many categories and way too little posts in them, which does not give a good impression for the user. Try to merge many of them to reduce the total amount of separate sections, and your forum will look more active, making more people want to join.
+25credits
Well...hmm...thanks I guess... :/

Very nice. The contrast is a little hard on my eyes after a while, but I like it a lot. I especially like the calender. I wish I could do that kind of site someday. I'm still stuck in the html ages, or the dinosaur age as far as website design is concerned. Good luck with it.
+15 Credits
Thank you and I hope that HMTL is still going great for you. :p

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
+25credits
Well...hmm...thanks I guess... :/
Something wrong with what I said? I gave you suggestions, and sorry if I didn't complement enough but the only thing I can think of complementing would be the forum theme, which is nice, but since it's not custom, I won't say "good work" or anything. I personally have a hard time reviewing forums that don't have custom content or designs so I didn't mean to offend you. For these "general" forums it's more important to have a unique look and content than a forum like x10Hosting, because x10Hosting gets members anyway from people signing up for the hosting, and you've got to rely on making the user want to join by showing them what you've got to offer.

Last edited:

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
i could be a staff on your forum if you want.... :shifty:
I'll PM you.

Something wrong with what I said? I gave you suggestions, and sorry if I didn't complement enough but the only thing I can think of complementing would be the forum theme, which is nice, but since it's not custom, I won't say "good work" or anything. I personally have a hard time reviewing forums that don't have custom content or designs so I didn't mean to offend you. For these "general" forums it's more important to have a unique look and content than a forum like x10Hosting, because x10Hosting gets members anyway from people signing up for the hosting, and you've got to rely on making the user want to join by showing them what you've got to offer.
Well, I never said I was finished with my website which is at the moment just a forum. But I thank you for giving your opinion.

Last edited: