My first website

Otaku Ichise

Reaction score
http://otakushrine.elementfx.com/

Im a litle student of dreamweaver, i went to learn the code html+css alone, hope you like it somehow, i went to learn a litle javascript animation too, what more do i need to improve for the website?

Last edited:

frankfriend

Reaction score
Otaku,
I like your site! The colour and layout are clear, bright, and look very good.

I especially liked the art work which appears in the header as i choose different 'tabs' to go to different pages.

I liked the explanations of Anime, and you could add to this kind of information which is really useful and interesting.

I liked the 'Project Notes' on your Home Page

IMPROVEMENTS:Some of the text stops abruptly in mid sentence at the end of the page, or else it does not display or scroll downwards.

Completing the 'in construction ' sections will help

Otaku Ichise

Reaction score
Thanks, im currently doing the anime section, when i get enough time it shall be done, my ideas still runing too.

Sohail

Reaction score
I personally don't like the navigation but the pictures you have are really good. I think you would need a bit more content and a footer too... Sometimes using a frameset isn't very effective, especially to search engines you know.

But it's still missing something but i'll give you a 5/10 for this.

Daniel S

Reaction score
I would give it 9/10 as it as a definite colour scheme and easy to understand and read the text.

wolf693

Reaction score
Nice Job! The images that appear when you mouse-over the navigation is very nice. Excellent color scheme too! However some of the font seems a bit "off" of the theme you seem to be going with. But I'll give you a 9/10!

Otaku Ichise

Reaction score
I personally don't like the navigation but the pictures you have are really good. I think you would need a bit more content and a footer too... Sometimes using a frameset isn't very effective, especially to search engines you know.

But it's still missing something but i'll give you a 5/10 for this.

Im still ading the content, i needed some ideas 1st befor continue, tell me what you think of the menu by runing anime link again:

Clipboard01-1.jpg

The iframe pages will be like the main page of the site, im planing to make other pages without frame for each content, as for search engine i didnt learn how to use that on my site yet :(

Im into HTML+CSS more know one javascript event only at moment.

Last edited:

squeaks

Reaction score
Awesome site. It just screams Anime all over, the colors work nicely together to add to the theme, but I must agree the font does not help.

Otherwise awesome stuff.

Zdroyd

Reaction score
Well at least you have Dreamweaver... All I have is an outdated version of Frontpage...

3/5

Otaku Ichise

Reaction score
Well at least you have Dreamweaver... All I have is an outdated version of Frontpage...

3/5

Even if i have dreamweaver i cant depend on it, there is lot things i must do manualy with the code on dreamweaver.

Zdroyd

Reaction score
Yea but for me all I have is a cheap old Frontpage, on my old Win98 Laptop.

And because of its "oldness" my website had a lot of errors. But I also edit within the code, too.

Some times I make comments like <! Stop trying to use my site as a template! if you press Veiw Source again I will make a game that kills you!>

LOL

Otaku Ichise

Reaction score
Yea but for me all I have is a cheap old Frontpage, on my old Win98 Laptop.

And because of its "oldness" my website had a lot of errors. But I also edit within the code, too.

Some times I make comments like <! Stop trying to use my site as a template! if you press Veiw Source again I will make a game that kills you!>

LOL

I hope you manage to take care of it, im new yet so dont know what could be those problems lol

ThePaintGuru

Reaction score
Don't worry about it Zdroyd, you've got Notepad, and that's all that counts.

Also, you can try Amaya or NVU, they're good free webpage editors.

Sohail

Reaction score
Bluevoda isn't professional, for me i just use Flash as it always gets the job done...

BorderLineSigs

Reaction score
im not much of an expert at javascript,html, especially not css! but i really like it...though only thing that is kinda iffy is the navigation...kinda boxish, if i were you i would kinda make the navigation boxes a bit SMOOTHER...overall i give you a 9.5/10 =D

frankfriend

Reaction score
Hey Otaku,

This site is really coming along well. The colours and the anime go very well together.

When I choose the Anime menu,I got to the anime page OK. Maybe you want to tell people to click on the large anime picture, as this then reveals the buttons to get to the next levels. I found it, but just because I cliked on the image.

Best regards

Mekryd

Reaction score

3/5
All I use is a tabbed text editor for everything. And some image editing programs, of course.

Back on topic:

Interesting layout. I would change the menu links at the top to match the banner's colour a little more closely, change the link's height so that the menu lies flush with the banner (the banner's a little taller). Maybe pick something other than yellow for important text. If the contact's page is only going to hold a single e-mail address, you could replace that link with just a mailto instead of dedicating an entire page.

But at this point, I'm just nitpicking. It's rather nice. :3 Keep it up.

modulus

Reaction score
it looks ok i guess, not bad for a first, you have a good layout, but the graphics need alot of work, its needs some eye candy :)