review my template

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
template.png

What do you think about my new template?

It is valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional and valid CSS 2.1.

I am gonna sell it, how much do you think I can get for it?

Scott B

Reaction score
Maybe change the font
Also the background bars look wierd...instead of them fading out towards the top, you should make them fade out down the page

VPmase

Reaction score
Its way to plain and having a grass logo on black is just wrong IMO. 1/5

Jober68

Reaction score
Very nice template. I'd change the title font color to maybe black. Also work on your tables they just seem sorta bad when it doesn't reach the bottom of the page.

Sohail

Reaction score
I don't like it that much, it just doesn't look right, too dark, no space for links, and it hardly looks professional at all. Sorry about the negative feedback but that's just my opinion.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't like it that much, it just doesn't look right, too dark, no space for links, and it hardly looks professional at all. Sorry about the negative feedback but that's just my opinion.

The link should be at the right, as in most wordpress templates.

And it is meant that the table shouldn't go all the way down.
Edit:
some edits:
namnls-39.png

Last edited:

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Nice; I like it.
Only thing I would do is extend the width so there is more space like these x10 forums.
Good job!
9/10
:)

z_killemall

Reaction score
Good work! Really like the style!

Anyway I'd fix a couple of things, for example:

-If you're looking for a professional style template Arial is not the best font around in my opinion. Tahoma or Verdana look a lot better, also you could use a dark grey instead of that black colour and a lighter grey fot the text below (it's a bit hard to read ;) )

-If you know how to do it, a bit of alpha transparency with Fireworks (of any other PNG edition program) looks really great, here's an example of something I did a couple of months ago (different color scheme, same idea):
http://www.emugortd.uni.cc/adoquin

If you like the idea and need any help PM me, I'll be glad to help you :biggrin:

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Nice; I like it.
Only thing I would do is extend the width so there is more space like these x10 forums.
Good job!
9/10
:)

Actually, I did it 600 px in width so the 800x600 ppl wouldn't complain. I hope manufacturers (nVidia etc) would stop making graphic cards that can handle 800x600 since it is totally useless...

Last edited:

gullu

Reaction score
not bad..but doesn't look like Web 2 either :) but great job. think abt the reflections and better usage of gradient

curt15

Reaction score
Sorry, but you wouldn't get anything for it. For '08 in lighter colours are in. The whole vista grass thing is old and there isn't anything there.

Theres no navigation, copyright text. The font is too large for the container, it looks like it uses tables, the background doesn't flow with the site. With the light green you want whites or light greys, not black.

varunrai

Reaction score
the template is nice .. I really like it but the best way to improve it wud be makin the height of the middle table more. It will look more gud and professional. :)

shcKr-

Reaction score
i dont think you could get much for it, but i disagree with VPmase
Its way to plain and having a grass logo on black is just wrong IMO. 1/5

i disagree, having grass on a dark background produces good contrast and colour.
Theres not much to comment on because there is not much there, it is just a banner, bg and text lol
focus more on your design than the coding :)
GL

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
well this was just a test. I thought of selling it for 1 - 3$ or free if no one want's it