[Game Programming] Highlander

T

themasterrocker

okay, have a good holiday :D don't get too drunk ;) and get some pictures of teh people in it made :p, At the moment the website *was* getting build till leafypiggy hit a problem.... no space on his laptop.... so i'm going to get him to write the PHP out in notepad then copy and paste it all to me via msn to me to make the PHP (although i got 4 already :p)

woiwky

Reaction score
No, everybody would notice it's based on the movie Highlander, but if you don't even mention them, they will think you want all credits to yourself. And that's where the problems begin...
In my opinion it's best to contact the guys that have copyright on Highlander, and if they wouldn't let us make our game we can always try to find a maze in the law. (Like GNU always does ;))

Unless you did something stupid like stealing the plot of the movie, you should be fine just basing it on it. As you plan for it to be an MMORPG rather than a single-player, chances are you can't use much from the movie other than that everyone is trying to kill each other to be the last one standing. There shouldn't be any problems with that.

T

themasterrocker

Yeah... I agree. to be honest I don't know why you won't accept to be a member of creating this game :D

marshian

Reaction score
Unless you did something stupid like stealing the plot of the movie, you should be fine just basing it on it. As you plan for it to be an MMORPG rather than a single-player, chances are you can't use much from the movie other than that everyone is trying to kill each other to be the last one standing. There shouldn't be any problems with that.

Ooh, I thought we'ld be basing the game on the plot... which can be translated as stealing the plot :pat:

T

themasterrocker

I'm adding you to my msn list.... We'll take it from there... Also need to get leafypiggy to add you to contact page.

sybregunne

Reaction score
I'd like to see where this leads.
Count me in... my talents are
a little bit of,

Turbo pascal, a bit of gwbasic, very little assembly, very little visual basic 96, little bit of c/c++, html, php, javascript.
But I think my main talent lies in analysis.

T

themasterrocker

I'll get leafypiggy to add you to list when i talk to him tonight.
Also can you PM me with msn address.

Thanks for joining Highlander

13th_shadowflower

Reaction score
I love dreaming.. ^_^

something as big as this is kinda intimidating.. especially if there's no one to handle tedious management crap.

lol good luck with that though.. I'm kinda planning a game myself but i'm still assessing my situation, that I still don't know a crap about 3d modeling..

Programming: **** yeah; 3d modelling/animation: I suck
Edit:
uhh.. oops.. i think they block bad words.. T_T I really should read those TOU...

Last edited:
T

themasterrocker

I love dreaming.. ^_^

something as big as this is kinda intimidating.. especially if there's no one to handle tedious management crap.

lol good luck with that though.. I'm kinda planning a game myself but i'm still assessing my situation, that I still don't know a crap about 3d modeling..

Programming: **** yeah; 3d modelling/animation: I suck
Edit:
uhh.. oops.. i think they block bad words.. T_T I really should read those TOU...
Hello,

I manage this forum with Leafypiggy now.:thefinger
It's nice to know that you are interested in our progress so far, If you ever decide to join us you and everyone are welcome. we've got a 3D modeller but hes on holiday, and we're starting off with smaller things and then moving to this game. All games will be put on our website. Most likely anyway and our website is :: http://highlanderdev.x10hosting.com

Hellsheep is our Boss shall we put it as because he was the one who started this games production off and we are willing to finish it.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

themasterrocker

I've already told you more then a week ago I registered www.highlander.uk.to as domain, and the dns records are pointing (or supposed to be pointing) to x10, so will you finally park the domain?! :p

I've just set this up, Hellsheep said as long as it keeps you happy :p

T

themasterrocker

lol, my cookies do all the work for me pretty much, because i only wipe them when i need to.
and now I'm just waiting for leafypiggy to give me the new index template and the rest of the php files.
Hes taking forever to do them lol

marshian

Reaction score
Why don't you start making work of the forums? It'ld be much easier to communicate on there (no ppl stealing source code etc *looks around with evil eyes*)

T

themasterrocker

What you mean? Why don't we say things in the forums, because people might start stealing our codes and stuff for our site, I'm waiting for leafypiggy to come on msn and send me the new PHPs unless hes going to upload them himself since he has an FTP, It's like waiting for xmas to come lol, hopefully he'll have them done soon but they need finishing like NOW

T

themasterrocker

It's up to you, If you want to join you need to PM me your msn address :D

Thanks for joining highlander if you join. We still need people in that sort of department.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Neal. STFU! I am so frigging busy...its not even funny....

also, I blocked you on MSN cause you kept saying things like:

"Are you homosexual?"

so stfu

T

themasterrocker

no i didn't? :S i haven't been on msn since like friday...... been busy in and out of hospital cuz of my dad =( but hes out now so its all cool....
I wondered why my msn password had changed....
Oh well... and anywayz why didnt u just answer and im not pressurizing you about the PHP webpages i just want them done as soon as you can. I understand you've been busy.