A School Website

mujtaba91

Reaction score
My School didnt have a website till now..
The Principal asked me to make one..
I made and its ready..
Please review and point out any bugs/mistakes.

The Uniform of our school is maroon+white,
so i chose that theme

http://www.mujtaba-ahmed.co.cc/sis/

Note:
Cossacks is offline :crying:
Please visit sometime later

naerey

Reaction score
wow... great!!
Especially the logo! Me like it :)

Critique:
*background of the navigation bar doesn't look too nice.. possibly remove space between each link
*@faculty - images don't work (wrong link, change to the .co.cc ?)
*@prospectus - tables could be improved, different borders.
*might look better if the [up] button was on the right

otherwise it's really nice..!!

Dan

Reaction score
Now that is a good website, especially for a school. My school's website is terrible. It used to be plain text!

Only thing I would say, is really the actual middle website part should stretch right to the bottom instead of stopping and then just having that dark maroon colour stretching the rest of the way down.

kirtik

Reaction score
Only problem is the white space at the sides of the background. :)

mujtaba91

Reaction score
wow... great!!
Especially the logo! Me like it :)

*@faculty - images don't work (wrong link, change to the .co.cc ?)
*@prospectus - tables could be improved, different borders.
*might look better if the [up] button was on the right

otherwise it's really nice..!!

The images arent available...
i have to ask principal for it
Edit:
@kirtik
"white spaces at the sides of background"

You are having a very large resolution or using widescreen?
i will fix it...

@Dan...
Well the pages lack in content...
that will be fixed when i get more content

Everybodey thanks for the comments/critiques/

Last edited:

kirtik

Reaction score
@kirtik
"white spaces at the sides of background"

You are having a very large resolution or using widescreen?
i will fix it...
Widescreen. IMO, people should learn to design for all computers. A good design looks good on all computers. This would be one of those designs if it did. You could just set a background colour as the red from the table borders in the css, and problem solved :)

nate9000

Reaction score
very nice. i like the deign alot. its very nice on the eyes. its nicely organized.. but i did notice when you go to some pages. if you try and click the Home link again, it goes to a 404 page.

RRJJMM

Reaction score
Excellent web site. Nice colors, great layout, et c. It seems very functional as well (I really liked the calendar). I would have used more CSS and less tables for the layout, but if it works why worry about it.

The 404 error mentioned in one of the earlier replies is because of a link error. On the Feedback (and on the Faculty) page, the Home tab in the menu links to index.html rather than index.php. It's easy to miss those things when you are re-working and updating your site.

The background below the menu column looks funny because it repeats so frequently. You might consider taking that image and modifing it with something like IrfanView (which is a free download; image editor/viewer). It is realatively easy to resize an abstract image like that changing its aspect ratio to make it a tall rectangle rather than a square. Then the image would not have to repeat as often.

With only ten images in the gallary, you might consider a simpler and faster solution like some available HERE. I never got all of the images to completely load and thought the viewer that you used was a little slow. Whether you change or not, consider resizing the images so that the source jpg files are just the size that you want to display on the screen. They will load faster that way. Many of your images did not have the resolution to display well at full screen, so I would turn that option off and then optimize the size of the jpg's for the size you want displayed on the screen. MHO

Great site. It looks like you put a considerable amount of work into it. I could only find those few items that you might consider looking at (and they are largely a matter of opinion and personal preference).

I hope the school appreciates your efforts and talents.

tonykgv

Reaction score
My School didnt have a website till now..
The Principal asked me to make one..
I made and its ready..
Please review and point out any bugs/mistakes.

The Uniform of our school is maroon+white,
so i chose that theme

http://www.mujtaba-ahmed.co.cc/sis/

Note:
Cossacks is offline :crying:
Please visit sometime later
Good looking web site, the School should be very happy. Tony

NattyFido

Reaction score
Very nice. I saw no problems with it, apart from the menu background image.

Last edited:

tittat

Reaction score
It looks nice.Nice theme and layout.I think you can center that "© 2008 SHANTINIKETAN INDIAN SCHOOL | All rights reserved "
Nothing else....
Gud luck :)

bluid

Reaction score
I always find school websites hard to suit, but you did a good job

JuniorD

Reaction score
looks sweet. but on the footer, get rid of the dotted border.

papadon

Reaction score
I think you have shown great creativity and talent in creating this website! Some others have mentioned a few things, so I'll be really nit-picky on the "School Rules and Regulations" (just a couple of minor spelling errors).

In the last line of the first rule, "thee" should be "the".

In the ninth rule, beginning "Habitual negligence of schoolwork", again in the last line: "extremecases" should be "extreme cases".

Well, I'm impressed with your work, I've done worse myself. Your principal obviously made an excellent choice in selecting you for this creation.

sunils

Reaction score
Its a good work. The colours too blend with one another. The logo, and design works is awesome.. good work. keep it up.. will give 9/10