Meaning with life

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
What do you belive the meaning with life is? I belive there really is no meaning, I belive you should just live it as it comes.

Zangetsu

Reaction score
the answer is: (~drumroll~) wikipedia

and whadda ya know they actually have an article about it
meaning of life

oh and sorry for ruining your thread

BentFX

Reaction score
According to the Hitchhikers Guide the answer to life, the universe and everything is 42.

According to string theory our entire reality exists in only 3-1/2 of 11 possible dimensions. There is plenty of room for God to exist. That's enough reason for me to wear clean undies.

agroup

Reaction score
Life is Like a Drama . Everybody come on the satge and plays its roll and then go away
{Shakespare"

mad-tony

Reaction score
suggest you find a book called "the meaning of liff"

UK Edition: ISBN 0-330-28121-6, US Edition: ISBN 0-517-55347-3

BentFX

Reaction score
I'm a christian. I believe that God created us to worship him.
I don't believe God created us to worship him. That would be narcissistic. I believe we were created to allow his spirit to live within us.

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
I believe that the meaning of life is to help other people have a better life, so when the time comes, everybody in the world will have their life as happy filled as possible

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I think we live as it happens. Helping each other, and not farting and elevators and great virtues, but there is no evidence that would benefit us after we die.

We live, we die. So maybe the meaning is survival?

Last edited:

tcmstr134

Reaction score
I think that you should take what you are dealt, and make the best of it, and if you are dealt a bad card, bluff your way to the pot (Poker Pot)

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The meaning of life, it is different for everyone. Point 1
You know it is. You all know you all want something, you all know you all want something different.

Some people want to be rich. Some people want to be tall. Some people want to have a fit body. Some people want to be athletic.

Well do those things mean? how does it make a guy or girl think about a person who has things, what feeling does it portray?

A person wanting to be rich, in my opinion means they want to have many things they have never had before, and would like to live life free, without debts in their mailbox. point 2.

A person who wants to be tall....for a girl a tall guy may mean, strong, protective.....a guy would want to be tall, because it makes the girl more attractive to him. Some guys want to be fit, so they are more attractive, and are more....appealing to the opposite sex. Point 3.

A person wants to be athletic, so they can have, fame, status, feel important, more more money, have a better social life. Point 4

Point 1= The meaning of life to different people means different things.

Point 2= The meaning of life to some people, may be to try and get all the money possible to buy the best food, to live in the best home, drive the best car.....to have more pleasurable things in life until death.

Point 3= A person wants to be what point 3 above says for that they want, love. They want to have someone to care for, they want family, they want children, they want what a being attractive can lead to, a wife and many member able times with their wife and children going where they want to, doing what they want to.

Point4=
A person wants to be remembered, a person wants to be famous and fun to be around.

Overall meaning of life...for me....

The meaning of life to me, is to have a wife and kids. To have the most fun you can with them, for that death is only 80 years away from when you are born.

The meaning of life to me is, being free, doing what you want, having fun and feel respected or well known by all the people around you.

The meaning of life, is to live life the want you want to.
Hope this makes sense.

M

Macaws

Yeah, I kind of agree, vigge.
Macaws Shrugs.
I am not really sure.
I never really thought about it...
This makes me think.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm a christian. I believe that God created us to worship him.

I heartily agree MarioMaster! God tells us in His Word that he does all things for His glory. Thus, our purpose here on earth is to glorify God. I don't think I can make it too much clearer than this.

Zangetsu

Reaction score
hmm if you say that you're a christian then let me ask you this
do you have a tv, radio, computer, internet, mp3player ?
what kind of music do you listen to ?

Coldfirezz

Reaction score
I must agree with you. There's nothing more than to live and have fun doin it.

swirly

Reaction score
It all depends on your religious views really. I mean unless you believe in God, or something to that extent, then life really has no purpose. But if you think about it, life has to have some sort of purpose other wise people would commit suicide by the masses as soon as they were old enough to realize it. If life had no purpose then why do we strive to get as much money and material possessions as we can? Why do we strive to better ourselves?

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
But if you think about it, life has to have some sort of purpose other wise people would commit suicide by the masses as soon as they were old enough to realize it. If life had no purpose then why do we strive to get as much money and material possessions as we can? Why do we strive to better ourselves?
We don't kill ourselves because most people still think there is an afterlife, our natural desire to survive, and other reasons like people not wanting to put their families through that pain.

I'm an atheist but I still don't dwell on these questions. If there's an afterlife, great, if not, I'll never even find out about it. Questions about what happens after death are questions with no answers, and we're only going to find out what happens if anything actually does happen.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
hmm if you say that you're a christian then let me ask you this
do you have a tv, radio, computer, internet, mp3player ?
what kind of music do you listen to ?

You ask rightly about what I have, for many so called "christians" are no different than any one else.
So I'll answer your question. I've got no tv, I do have a radio and an mp3player, I use the radio occasionly when the classical music station is on. I use the mp3player much more often, as I currently am trying to get through a constitutional law course on mp3. I do have a computer, I use that for my business which requires internet also as I'm currently working from home most of the time.
You asked what kind of music I listened to. That also is a very good question as this is a big 'battle ground' in the Church. I listen the music that is honouring to God. That includes, as mentioned above, classical music. It excludes the modern rock. There is no stone wall drawing the line between good and bad music. It is more a matter of judgement and common sense.

Any other questions about Christianity?
I'd be more than happy to answer them!

What about you? Do you believe that God exists?
If so: why?
If not: why not?
Edit:
We don't kill ourselves because most people still think there is an afterlife, our natural desire to survive, and other reasons like people not wanting to put their families through that pain.

I'm an atheist but I still don't dwell on these questions. If there's an afterlife, great, if not, I'll never even find out about it. Questions about what happens after death are questions with no answers, and we're only going to find out what happens if anything actually does happen.

So, could you please tell me why you don't believe God exists? You must have some good reason I'm sure for denying Him.

If God didn't create us, who did? If God doesn't exist, what point is there in living?
Edit:
It all depends on your religious views really. I mean unless you believe in God, or something to that extent, then life really has no purpose. But if you think about it, life has to have some sort of purpose other wise people would commit suicide by the masses as soon as they were old enough to realize it. If life had no purpose then why do we strive to get as much money and material possessions as we can? Why do we strive to better ourselves?

As I stated above, life does have a purpose. All men know that. The purpose is to glorify God. Not all men know that. The reason that man strives to get as much money and meterial possessions as they can is because they are searching for the purpose of life. They strive to better themselves because they think that is the purpose of life.
But it is not. It is absolutely not the purpose of life to gain earthly posssessions. Once you die, what will happen to all that? What help will it give you? Will it make your death any better? If it will give you a better death, or if it will grant you favor it the sight of God, Fine! If it willl glorify God, Fine! But if it is to better yourself, It won't help. For man cannot carry his earthly rank into the after life. After a man dies, he is judged regardless of his earthly status.

So, if you're in earnest about knowing the meaning of life, you've found it. No matter who you are, where you are, you are man, created in the image of God, created for the purpose of glorifying God and consequently to enjoy Him FOREVER.

Last edited:

swirly

Reaction score
ichwar, I believe in God. I'm a christian. I'm having doubts though. I mean some things christians do I'm not so sure about though. I mean, I've noticed christians are some of the people quickest to persecute someone if they don't have the same beliefs. And some questions and holes in stories and theories are never answered, but I don't want to ask them because God forbid I should doubt what I've been taught my whole life. And what does music have to do with what you believe? I listen to heavy metal and screamo. Thats not going to change my beliefs, nor is what I watch on TV. Connecting with people on a level they can understand, and a medium they use is the best way to reach people.