Review N-Tech, please

alz4445

Reaction score
It's back, bigger and better than before.
What do you think about the new site? Some parts of it are still being made, like the content boxes, they will soon have proper backgrounds with borders. You will soon be able to choose the theme, etc. I hope you like it.
Give comments on how to improve it please.

http://n-tech.co.cc - Having troubles with this. If it doesn't work, use the one below.
http://n-tech.ismywe.com

Regards,
Alz

Dan

Reaction score
When I first go on it, the design looks a bit dull.
To me it needs more colour and the header could be changed a little.

First i don't think the search should be in the header.

Next, the little logo on the right, that looks like a proper logo and I reckon that should be big on the left instead of that beveled NT that looks a little rubbish...
Then the navigation doesn't line up properly and some of the text in the left box comes out of the box as you can see in the image I have attached.

Attachments

• Picture1.gif
    Picture1.gif
    340.3 KB · Views: 35

alz4445

Reaction score
Wow. What's your screen resolution?
And where do you think I should put the search then?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's just IE. Meh, I thought I fixed it for IE, obviously not..

This is how it looks in Firefox. (Just so you can see it properly ;) )

Attachments

• ff.jpg
    ff.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

alz4445

Reaction score
Meh. Fixed one part in IE, I just don't know how I can get that bar to align properly in both IE and Firefox.

brayden13

Reaction score
i reckon it is nice that the site design is the same as the photoshop setup. but the latest posts and the latest tutorials are to big, as in the text is too big and it doesn't look good. i'm using Firefox. the navigation looks nice. but it looks good and a memorable name. also in your forum you have a phpBB error. and the blog link is just a redirect to the home page.

hezuo

Reaction score
man, you gotta add some images, it looks so dull.

alz4445

Reaction score
i reckon it is nice that the site design is the same as the photoshop setup. but the latest posts and the latest tutorials are to big, as in the text is too big and it doesn't look good. i'm using Firefox. the navigation looks nice. but it looks good and a memorable name. also in your forum you have a phpBB error. and the blog link is just a redirect to the home page.

Yes. Well if you read the 'latest news' section, you'd find out why. But it's half fixed now. (Forum fixed, blog not)

man, you gotta add some images, it looks so dull.

Like what?

Last edited:

alz4445

Reaction score
Hmm... All finished in IE7. Not sure about any other IE versions (6/8) though, still works in FF fine, if anyone has any other browsers and would like to take a look, please do :)
Added a few more things to the content boxes to 'liven' them up a bit. They looked too dull before.

How does it look now?
Thanks.

Coldfirezz

Reaction score
Rating 10/10

Great. The design is great. The only things I suggest you do is to center the directory and add a FavIcon. Otherwise your golden! Keep up the great work.

~!Coldfirezz

alz4445

Reaction score
Thanks.
By the directory, do you mean the links on the navigation? Because I will be able to make it center on one screen resolution, but on any others, it will just not be center, as I have to use Position: absolute; to get it to stay there in IE. And I was just about to do a Favicon ;)