Review My Site

Rate my site!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vol7ron

Reaction score
below average, except the rattle on the buttons, which actually have a nice effect if used properly.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't want to offend you in any way but your site is the worst looking site I have ever seen.
0/10

Coldfirezz

Reaction score
Rating 0/10

Horrible. No offense. I suggest you spend a little time learning how to design. Yes that is a negative score.

~!Coldfirezz

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
@apoorav: Please don't PM me about this post. Post your replays here!

xPlozion

Reaction score
i'm sorry, but your design is on par with these: http://forums.x10hosting.com/graphics-webdesign/77557-worlds-worst-web-designs.html (which is not good to be a part of). take a look at some other sites, and get ideas from them (DO NOT RIP (COPY) THE DESIGN AS THAT IS A BIG NO NO!!!!!)

onto a real (unbiased) review. First impression, the background. I didn't know if i was on some site about traveling to beaches or if it was a technology site. It clashes with the idea. the flaming logo is very unprofessional, which makes me want to quiver in fear (yes, already). The next thing i saw was that you had many different colors, but they all clashed with each other. You had purple buttons, a rainbow WELCOME sign, green links, blue flowers, and an orange clock on the top right (sorry, i know what time it is in my timezone, and i don't care about the others). I don't care that it's 11PM where you've got it set to when it's 12:30pm here on the east coast of the us.

I know who my isp is, and i don't care what my ip is. also, having that many links (although i would have never heard ONE of them, hurts you on google's ranking. there's no consistency from page to page, and that is something that you need to fix. a consistent design from page to page is good.

all in all, the design is inconsistent, the shaking links may look cool, but it's draws away from the site's potential. you've also got way to many things that you don't need (clock, flowers, flaming logo, rainbow WELCOME, shaking links, gaming section). all in all, there's nothing worth my time on that site if i wasn't reviewing it.

Hopefully, you learn from your mistakes and make a much better website in the future.

PS. take a look at what not to do here: http://www.angelfire.com/super/badwebs/main.htm

Last edited:

varunrai

Reaction score
well you site is ok.. u shud improve ur site in terms of using a clean layout.
I can tell u a few things.. first decide wat kind of layout u want. probably for layouts u can google it or use YUI..
secondly try to use more of CSS..

vidhem

Reaction score
please work on the layout of your site

you need to improve a lot

however that rattling is good and ya also work on the color scheme..

Don't feel sad rating 4/10

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
there is not even a spot on the poll for me to vote in.
0/10
the design has no structure
the flames are unprofessional
throwing in little gadgets like the clock and the ip makes it even more unprofessional

it looks as if a baby picked up a bag of all these web tricks and thrown them in and forgot to the layout

cursedpsp

Reaction score
Please do not PM - its considered advertising.

0/10, sorry but, there is barely any content, the design (if it is a design) is horrible and the shaking buttons are horrible also.

There is no useful things on the site, and all the features are absiloutely POINTLESS.
At the bottom where it displays my ip, well i dont want to know my ip address, i dont want to know what browser i am using (even though its completely wrong) and i dont even want to know where i live!

If you are in need of decent gadgets for your site (ones that make it look cool) you can use the generators on my site, aswell as a hitcounter if you want one.

PatrickH

Reaction score
It needs a lot of improvement I have to say.

You are missing some form of consistency in your design.

There is a lot of cliché things that would have been seen on websites in the late 90s and the early 2000s.

My suggestion would be to implement a blog-like website, it seems your website is leaning towards that.

An example I have is this one, another forum I go to has this creator asking for advice, it was given and then applied.

http://medianator.com/

Also, if you have issues with designing, I’m sure any one of us will be willing to lend some talent in ensuring it looks the part.

And finally, do not send Personal Messages to members who are not expecting it from you. It is spam, and if you do it again to any more to other members, I will report it.

Last edited:

dickey

Reaction score
First of all, I beg to be different I feel dizzy looking at that vibrator stuff. If this is your first time to create a website then I'll give you a 4 for trying. However below are some notes I gathered before as I am a semi-beginner myself.

1. Try to create a structure or layout for your site's pages.
2. Do not create different themes for different pages. It makes the whole site seem like an advertisement.
3. Some colors just don't match and it makes it painful to see the site.
4. Create a good-looking logo which is small in KB's. It helps attract visitors. And the light weight of the file ensures fast loading
5. Ask other peoples opinion. (What may be pleasing to your eyes may be an eyesore for others and vice versa.)

------ And here is the bitter twist ---------

Do all of the above and more without making your site boring and dull and monotonous.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway regarding your current site I do believe you are a beginner, who happen to get hold of a beautiful book, tutorial or something else. And you wanted to try each and every trick you learned e.g. the shaking links. Well if that's the case then keep trying...

Last edited:

withambition

Reaction score
It reminds me of the basic webpages everyone used to make five or so years ago. Which isn't a horrible thing, but if you want to compete with the webpages of today, you're going to need to upgrade. And by upgrade, I mean update and detail your website.

If you'd rather not go through the strenuous process of creating your own template, you can always look online for free templates. It seems as though you know what direction you want to take your site, so just pick out a layout and you'll be all set. =]

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Since everyone else is saying bad things about your site...I will say the good that comes from it.....the links you have on it, help those other sites by getting traffic, BUT also decrease their stature since it was put on such an in-professional site...or one that you spent a max of 2 hours coding from scratch.

The color scheme....I am not the best with them either, but sorry I have to say it is not that good...there is a lot a person can say about a little. And there is a little a person can say about a lot.

There isn't a it is awful or 0-1/10 option but that's what I would rate it. probably a .5 out of 10, .5 for trying to put something together

kkenny

Reaction score
Really low compared to WEB2.0 standards.
Try to utilize a free template by searching on google.

freecrm

Reaction score
I agree with Dickey and give a 4 for effort although it is unfortunately below average.

Main points to concentrate on (and probably simpler):

Get rid of animated gifs (life the title image) and replace with a higher quality banner.

Keep your colour scheme to 2 (max3) colours. Some of the best I have seen are shades of 1 colour with one accent colour. For instance, using shades of blue and then a terracotta accent colour.

Try not to use multiple font types. The use of the default font and size looks very newbish. Get used to using .css and try standardising the font type in the .body section. This is immediately improve the look of the whole site.

Personally, I don't like the fixed images background. Take a look at the majority of professional sites these days and none have background images. Clever use of page structure (header, body/columns, footer) will make the whole thing look much cooler and better designed.

Again, on a personal level, I don't like the rattle effect on the buttons.

Don't get disheartened by some posts - this is not an easy thing to do and keep going!

xPlozion

Reaction score
Take a look at the majority of professional sites these days and none have background images.
or have minimally invasive backgrounds that actually look nice. my site has it, serene overload has it (coldfirezz site), or sites that use a background image in a unique way (gamespot)...