Xbox or Playstation 3?

Clinton

Reaction score
Motion probably won't help either Sony or Microsoft, more than they hope. Wii still has the "fad" factor over them.

jermmm

Reaction score
Right now, I would buy a PS3.

Really.

For $299 (the same price as a 360 elite, because there is no way you are going to get the $199 360 and not buy a hard drive), you can get a PS3. Add $10 for a HDMI cable (neither console comes with them anymore), and everything you need hardware wise on a PS3 is done.

Yes, online play isn't as seemless, but you don't have to pay $50/year for it. Yes, the UI is a bit wacky, but the 360 UI is pretty wacky too. Yes, PShome is a waste of time, but you don't need to install it.

I like the PS3 (and the PS2) controller, but if you hate it, that right there is a reason not to buy either console. Try and play with both controllers on friends/family consoles first, so if you have a hatred to either controller, you'll know before you spend the $300.

Games: Ratchet, Uncharded, LittleBigPlanet, Killzone. Plus every multipatform game. Yeah, you're going to lose Halo ODST and the next Gears of War, but you're going to get God of War and MAG.

PS3: Blu-Ray, WiFi, not enough USB ports for rockband (2), can't play PS2 games, can play PS1 games. And it's quiet.

skai123

Reaction score
Both have good and bad points.

Good points.
Xbox:
Better online features
More exclusive games than the PS3
Better looking console (in my opinion)
much harder to hack for the purpose of cheating in games

PS3:
its made by sony.

Choose the one you want they will both give you loads of fun and both have great games.
xbox has more exclusives games? If it is, I don't think it's by much, and it's most likely those crappy games that no one has ever heard of and probably came out in 360's first year...

harder to hack for cheating? what? wasn't there some hack to change your xbl username to someone else?

and also heard about the same amount of cheats on both platform...

How is made by sony a bad point?!?

Edit:
Right now, I would buy a PS3.
Games: Ratchet, Uncharded, LittleBigPlanet, Killzone. Plus every multipatform game. Yeah, you're going to lose Halo ODST and the next Gears of War, but you're going to get God of War and MAG.

PS3: Blu-Ray, WiFi, not enough USB ports for rockband (2), can't play PS2 games, can play PS1 games. And it's quiet.
The Last Guardian, Resistance, Heavy Rain, Demon's Souls, GT5, Agent, Quantum Theory, DC Universe Online, Agency, FFversus13, White Knight Story and the PS3 game list continues...

Next Gears is coming out for next gen-consoles...

There is more variety of genres for PS3, IMO. And it's a good thing..
Now and the future, it looks like PS3 will have more exclusives..

---------------
For people that say's natal is going to be awesome. etc...
Tell me how it would work with 'hardcore' games? I mean you would need precision for fps, racing, etc...
I do not see much use with natal, it's like the eyetoy/pseye but with better hardware.

and the PS wand is like a better wiimote...

I will have to see what games are made for either of these two before i judge... but right now as it stands I see the PS wand, can be used for 'hardcore' games. not sure if it has analog on it though...

Edit:
I would personally stick with the X-Box. I've had mine for a few years - did have the red rings of death but that was fixed (hopefully right - but if not i guess i could always do it myself). X-box just has more options and better online play. It has some downsides but I think all and all it outweights PS3. Plus... I hear they are comming out with a motion detecting add-on? :)

more options???

Edit:
Who cares about Japan?

well, MS should care, that's where FF will sell the most copies and move consoles (PS3)...

Last edited:

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
harder to hack for cheating? what? wasn't there some hack to change your xbl username to someone else?

Microsoft actively bans cheaters/hackers. Sony, not so much.
and also heard about the same amount of cheats on both platform...

Sadly that's not the case.

well, MS should care, that's where FF will sell the most copies and move consoles (PS3)
Oh I forgot that you actually care about sales of the PS3. :lol:

2 things:

1.I'm not Microsoft and I don't give a crap about what sells or what does not sell in Japan. I don't live there and I don't like the majority of the games that have been coming out of Japan in the last few years.
2. Japan is on quick street to nowhere in the gaming world.

Last edited:

the_site

Reaction score
I loved Sony Playstation ever since it came out, and I use to pick PS over Xbox, but many disputes about which is better... I jumped ships to Xbox-360.

If you are a gamer, in despite, its less to cheat on xbox-360 than PS3.
Don' forget the features, online updates, and all the stuff xbox provides

gamereviews

Reaction score
If you have money, buy both of it...
Why? Because it's great to have both of it! ;)

skai123

Reaction score
I loved Sony Playstation ever since it came out, and I use to pick PS over Xbox, but many disputes about which is better... I jumped ships to Xbox-360.

If you are a gamer, in despite, its less to cheat on xbox-360 than PS3.
Don' forget the features, online updates, and all the stuff xbox provides

you jumped ship to 360 because people disputed about which is better? lol

PS3 has features, and online updates and all the stuff that PS provides...

henstya

Reaction score
Personally I prefer the Xbox 360 because it has a better selection of good titles such as Halo, Grand Theft Auto, Resident Evil etc.

boris333

Reaction score
xbox all the way. The online play has more going on than the PS3, and does it without frying an egg.

coeurduozz

Reaction score
I think that PS 3 it's better than Xbox, because it had a great graphic proccessor and any features those provides a excellent performance. And other disadvantage of the Xbox it's the temperature, doesn't had a good cooler system. In fact, the PS 3, in a specific case, for example in yout house's business.... you can implement a mini render farm with the PS3....

See you

eradicator69

Reaction score
Personally I prefer the Xbox 360 because it has a better selection of good titles such as Halo, Grand Theft Auto, Resident Evil etc.

This is true but you have to factor in PS3 blockbusters like Killzone, God of War, and LittleBigPlanet. I have a Xbox 360 and I would trade it in for a PS3 (wish I could dig up $299 somewhere). The PS3 is the future. Granted I would miss Halo and Gears of War (love this game) but the fact that the PS3 has Blu-ray and I would no longer have to fork out another $50/year for online play makes it way worth it in my work.

achilleasgr

Prime Account
Reaction score
xbox < ps3, because of Sony's experience, IMO.
Though I believe there are only two obvious criteria with which to choose (along with myriad others for people who have experienced Microsoft's way of moving a product from scratch to perfection):
Do you love Linux? PS3 officially supports it. Therefore, if you value Linux, you will get one excellent PC with your gaming machine.
As with PS2, PS3 has a slim edition. Do you care?

Personally, I'd always choose PS3, because of the Linux, and because I have given more than enough $$$ to Microsoft already.

Last edited:

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
Do you love Linux? PS3 officially supports it. Therefore, if you value Linux, you will get one excellent PC with your gaming machine.
As with PS2, PS3 has a slim edition. Do you care?
However, it's worth noting that the slim PS3 no longer includes the "Other OS" option. The non-slim PS3s are still being sold while they're still in stock, so if you want a new PS3 that includes Linux support, you need to buy one before they're gone.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It's also worth noting that Linux runs like crap on the PS3.

dansken

Reaction score
Defnitely the Playstation 3

it has just sooo much more to offer than the xbox 360!

i hate the fact that xbox is sooo loud, you cannot watch a movie decently because the fans overwhelm everything.

as a fact, the playstation is so silent that my brother did not know it was on for almost a week (until he saw it had a green light on)

lance4681

Reaction score
Play station mate such a nicer console, has wifi built better overall look and build like you can see that the playstaion has had better TLC when built. also blue ray built in the xbox did not even have HDDVD :cool:

Now the only problem is Playstation network is not that good its good but its not as good as xbox live if you are not going to be playing games online EVERY second time you play then it wont matter to you. Xbox costs about 50 a year to play on PLaystation is free and its not like it matters once your logged in playing.

Also dont worry about linux. I run xbuntu on a old desktop computer and ubuntu netbook remix on my laptop. I like linux I do still run microsoft on my big powerful beast, But I would never recommend linux for PS3! there is absolutely no point it having it trust me!

SO PS3 for the win

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm almost betting the reason behind Linux not running so well on the PS3 is that it wasn't optimized as well as it should have been for running on a Cell Processor. Keep in mind, game developers when the PS3 first came out were having a hard time programming code for the cell.