The Show Off Thread

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I know its sounds egotistical, but what better place to show off your site/programs/inventions/toys/cars/etc...

I was thinking that this thread might belong under "Forum Games", but its not a game. There is no winner, no runner up, just plain old bloated head egotistical showing off :)

So with that let me start the ball rolling with something I made.

DIY Racing/Laptop Table

table_01.jpg

table_02.jpg

(excuse the ashtray :eek4:)
Its a table made from 9mm super wood, 1.5"x2" pine, 45mm wooden curtain rail & 48mm steel curtain rail. It was spured on when I got a steering wheel for the xbox. After doing a little research online for a DIY setup, I came up with a multi-purpose height adjustable table. So I could sit low on my bean bag and use it, sit on the couch and use it or on a adjustable office chair. It has a top surface area of 550mmx500mm, with a overhang of 200mm(so it tucks up againts you). The top and bottom are both 2x9mm super wood(18mm thick). Its sprayed with Hamerite black and then a clear matt heat resistant enamel. Each leg is the 2 curtain rails within themselves, held in place by pins. The thing weighs allot & has thick rubber pads on the bottom, so movement is not a issue.
It took me a couple of days to get it all done, the weather was really bad and I don't have any where to work other than outside :(

kkenny

Reaction score
Woah, that was cool haha. You could improve it by adding a wireless mouse, no wires involved :p. Nice inventions, I'm too stupid to invent anything.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
hmm... http://sharkyonline.co.cc/-/car/ to stick on a motoring theme. I've since installed the DVD/SD/USB head unit to replace the Kenwood one that came with it.

Last edited:

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
What is running from that deck ? Also loose that huge horrible air filter box on the left hand side. Swap it out for a cone filter with a induction kit :) :) :) Also swap out the nasty 40mm exhaust system for a 45mm with a tunned box :) :) :) Should get small gains on power and a whole load of noise :) :) :)

Is it a 1.4 or a 1.6 ?
Edit:
Woah, that was cool haha. You could improve it by adding a wireless mouse, no wires involved :p. Nice inventions, I'm too stupid to invent anything.

I have a Logitech wirless mouse and keyboard, but I much preffere a decent wired mouse. No messing around, just plug in and play. The Genius(10 button) I am using is on its last legs, some of the buttons are possesed :s

Last edited:

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Here is my car (nothing to be to proud of) :s

Ford Fiesta 1.4i, 1999
Nothing special really, just as mentioned above. Induction and exhaust done with gains and nice low pitch drone.
Deck in the front has sub-out with level controll from the deck. USB, 3.5mm stereo jack on front panel. The switchs in the photo are from my older deck, had no amp conrtolls and the aux in was on the back, so I just mounted 2 female RCA's next to my switchs :)
I used to have 2 amps and lights, settled for just the 1 Power Acustic 2ohm stable, running the Audio Pipe iPipe 10" DVC with 2 channels bridged to the 2 coils. The other 2 channels are running the Audio Pipe 6"x9" 300w(with built in caps), on the super wood back board.
Off the 6"x9"s is 2 overcoiled tweeters for the rear of the cabin.
The front 4"; Bass Warriors are mounted on super wood in the standard speaker door mounts, running off the decks built in amp. With some cheap tweets in the standard door mounts(these are el'cheapo cause I pop them all the time).
The power cable from the engine bay to the cabin is 4gauge in to a 60amp fuse, then splits in to 2x 6gauge cables(as mentioned, had 2 amps. The whole system is setup up for SQL(Sound QUALITY League), short a exhide battery, battery cover and circuit breaker & a 2 farad cap, too all come soon).
Now you say, "it's only a 10" sub". Well as it is hooked up with the correct ohms on a stable amp, it puts out what most people get from a 12" and even some peoples 2x 12" setups. Its enough to make me happy and to be heard when it needs to be.
A 400w inverter that floats in the boot with my tool box, is used for using the lappy in the car with a silly little steering wheel/chair table that clips on. I usually plug my HTC TyTN II in to the deck and use Windows Media Player (nice because it sits in a cradle on the windscreen, so when playing videos, everyone can see it. Also album art shows on the screen, along with GPS).

EngineBay_01.jpg

EngineBay_02.jpg

Deck_01.jpg

(the thing with what looks like 2 speakers above the deck is a level 4 alarm/imobiliser)

Boot_01.jpg

(amp mounted on the back of the speaker box)

BackBoard_01.jpg

Sub_01.jpg

:)o dirty, seems to pick up dust really easily)

SubAndInverter_01.jpg

Sorry no photos of the car itself, because it hasn't been cleaned in 3 weeks :s

Last edited:

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Clean ur car and then............... The next showoff begins......

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
It's a 1.6, mate. 42-43mpg too :) (Proper gallons, not lame-o mini-US Gallons)

I discovered that the 'low fuel' warning light flashes after it's been on for a while, today... Oops! Cost £50 :(

joejv4

Reaction score
OK, I'll play. Do any of you fish?

How about these babies?
King Salmon and Brown Trout
IMGP6374.jpg

Last edited:

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Thats 1 big fish :eek:

It almost the width of the tailgate :eek:

I don't fish (tried once, when I had to kill the fish I freaked out) but a fish that size would make a damn good braai :)