Shellous Gate - Please share some ideas

royyuuki

Reaction score
Hi guys, my website is hosted here at x10hosting.com.

I am creating a website for my personally known friends, and I don't have an idea of what could be a good theme, or content for my website. I think a group chat would be nice, but I'm still creating my AJAX-based chat application. And also, I think a music player would be nice as well.. I'll try to get Yahoo! Music Launchcast and just credit Yahoo! for that, or FM streaming. GRR! No idea at all! I don't want my site to look like a social networking site.

Please help me guys, cause I'm done with the registration process and the login module. My problem now is the content of the site after logging in. :dunno:

Here's my website: http://royyuuki.elementfx.com

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I am sorry, but I could not see your site. The servers are at the current time overloaded.

royyuuki

Reaction score
Thanks for trying. I am aware of this issue, and there's nothing that I can do about it. :sad:

And because of this, I think a chat application won't be a good idea for my website since the server has frequent downtimes these past few weeks.

Anyway, thanks again.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I saw it when I tried again, and sign up but never got to logging in. It has a very impressive use of JavaScript!

However, the blocking of all special characters from the 'How did you hear about this site?' field was pretty annoying.

royyuuki

Reaction score
Thank you so much! I can't access my website right now, so I'll try to check it later.

I am updating my website to accept all email addresses, thanks for your help ;)
Edit:
Sorry for the special characters issue hehehe. I'll remove the validation and accept all characters.

Last edited:

royyuuki

Reaction score
Thank you so much guys for the compliments. Unfortunately, I can't proceed with the after-log-in page 'cause I don't have any idea of what could be a good content for it.

I did a very long registration process, and some of my friends are unhappy about it ;) but that's fine.
For that reason, I need to satisfy my friends after they logged in to my website. But I can't think of anything. :nuts:

And, my website's development progress is so slow because I'm just using Notepad++ to write all of the source codes. :sad: Can you recommend any WYSIWYG web development software? I heard about Dreamweaver thing, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to familiarize myself with that software.

Please help me guys. Your ideas will be a BIG help on this project.
Thank you so much.

-Roy

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
My first choice is Adobe Dreamweaver ,you can also go for Microsoft Espression studio(new version of ms frontpage) this will be easy for you.

tusharag

Reaction score
Excellent scripting and special effects!
I would have liked more graphics , but its my personal opinion.
Well , sometimes the excessive scripts and alerts can be annoying , so there must be a balance.
Overall , excellent!

tusharag

Reaction score
Hi guys, my website is hosted here at x10hosting.com.

I am creating a website for my personally known friends, and I don't have an idea of what could be a good theme, or content for my website. I think a group chat would be nice, but I'm still creating my AJAX-based chat application. And also, I think a music player would be nice as well.. I'll try to get Yahoo! Music Launchcast and just credit Yahoo! for that, or FM streaming. GRR! No idea at all! I don't want my site to look like a social networking site.

Please help me guys, cause I'm done with the registration process and the login module. My problem now is the content of the site after logging in. :dunno:

Here's my website: http://royyuuki.elementfx.com

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
Well , excellent scripting.
I would be glad if you could share the js preloader script with me!
Many thanks.

royyuuki

Reaction score
Thank you so much tusharag. I appreciate your response.
Anyway, may I know what exactly are you pertaining to "excessive scripts"? I'll be waiting for your response.

royyuuki

Reaction score
Well , excellent scripting.
I would be glad if you could share the js preloader script with me!
Many thanks.

Sorry for the late response.
Are you referring to the first message box on my website that tells the user that it's loading the background images and page scripts? If yes, I used the onload event in JavaScript.

I placed my website contents in a <div></div> which is initially hidden and a separate div for the loader.

Sample:
<div id="loader">Loading...</div>
<div id="siteContents" style="display:none"></div>

<script type="text/javascript">
if (window.addEventListener) {
window.addEventListener("load", loadIndex, false);
} else if (window.attachEvent) {
window.attachEvent("onload", loadIndex);
} else {if ( window["onload"] ) {} else {window["onload"] = loadIndex;}
}
</script>

loadIndex is a function that manipulates the DOM.
let's assume that we have the following codes for the function "loadIndex()"

function loadIndex(){
document.getElementById("loader").style.display = "none";
document.getElementById("siteContents").style.display = "block";
}

I didn't test these codes.
Hope this helps.

tusharag

Reaction score
Thank you so much tusharag. I appreciate your response.
Anyway, may I know what exactly are you pertaining to "excessive scripts"? I'll be waiting for your response.
Well , i meant that js does not work on traditional browsers. You are losing a large traffic to your website. Besides , the background image takes too long to load.Try optimizing it.well , the alerts in the registration form are annoying.
Thanks for your quick response!

Last edited:

royyuuki

Reaction score
Well , i meant that js does not work on traditional browsers. You are losing a large traffic to your website. Besides , the background image takes too long to load.Try optimizing it.well , the alerts in the registration form are annoying.

>>No problem. Cheers! :D

Well , i meant that js does not work on traditional browsers.
>>JavaScript does work on almost any traditional browsers like IE, Firefox, Safari, and Chrome. JavaScript/ECMAScript is more commonly used as a scripting PL than VBScript (which is only compatible with IE. All Hail Microsoft. LOL).

You are losing a large traffic to your website.
>>That's fine. I'm not aiming for thousands of users. My website is only intended for my friends.

Besides , the background image takes too long to load.
>>HAHA! Sorry about that.. I was too lazy to make my own background image that would fit my website's theme, so I just Googled a ready to use image. :D The image file is actually on a different host so I can preserve my hosting account's bandwidth as well. :D :D The background image is located here: VISTA WALLPAPER
>>Hahaha, don't worry.. My website is still under development and I'll create my own background image.

well , the alerts in the registration form are annoying.
>>Yup! That's intended to annoy my friends. :)) But if you'll fill it out with the proper information, it won't bother you..

Thanks again tusharag.
God bless.

tusharag

Reaction score
>>No problem. Cheers! :D

Well , i meant that js does not work on traditional browsers.
>>JavaScript does work on almost any traditional browsers like IE, Firefox, Safari, and Chrome. JavaScript/ECMAScript is more commonly used as a scripting PL than VBScript (which is only compatible with IE. All Hail Microsoft. LOL).

You are losing a large traffic to your website.
>>That's fine. I'm not aiming for thousands of users. My website is only intended for my friends.

Besides , the background image takes too long to load.
>>HAHA! Sorry about that.. I was too lazy to make my own background image that would fit my website's theme, so I just Googled a ready to use image. :D The image file is actually on a different host so I can preserve my hosting account's bandwidth as well. :D :D The background image is located here: VISTA WALLPAPER
>>Hahaha, don't worry.. My website is still under development and I'll create my own background image.

well , the alerts in the registration form are annoying.
>>Yup! That's intended to annoy my friends. :)) But if you'll fill it out with the proper information, it won't bother you..

Thanks again tusharag.
God bless.
Many thanks.Please give me reputation and visit my website , if you found me useful.