"99% uptime guarantee"

pmg1991

Reaction score
i agree... with you... i'm glad this hosting was free.. i don't know whether x10hosting provide same services for premium hosting also... lol....

zapzack

Reaction score
Their paid servers show 100% uptime on my personal status script, and all free servers are 95%+ uptime. I'm sorry you have issues with connecting to your hosting account, maybe you should try a different hosting company where you might not have the same issues.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
This question was responded to in your other recent thread One of my myBB smilies doesn't show up.
Your website is up and running right now. That was verified by two sources. There is some other problem and I gave you a couple of suggestions in your other thread.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Plus the 99% uptime guarantee does not apply to x10free.

"Uptime Guarantee
Please note, this guarantee only applies to premium hosting. We guarantee that your site will be online and accessible by public network at least 99.9% of the time in any given month. This guarantee does not apply to things causing downtime such as hardware failures or major network outages out of our control."

Straight off the front page.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
And, frankly, 99% is not exactly high-reliability; it represents more than three and a half days downtime per year. If your site is business-critical, then three nines is cutting it close (it's still eight hours and forty-five minutes downtime before the SLA is breached) and would represent a cost compromise. Four nines (just under an hour per year downtime allowed) is expensive for a single server instance; anything more requires a distributed architecture (clustering with failover or multiple app instances with redundant data storage).

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
And, frankly, 99% is not exactly high-reliability; it represents more than three and a half days downtime per year. If your site is business-critical, then three nines is cutting it close (it's still eight hours and forty-five minutes downtime before the SLA is breached) and would represent a cost compromise. Four nines (just under an hour per year downtime allowed) is expensive for a single server instance; anything more requires a distributed architecture (clustering with failover or multiple app instances with redundant data storage).

It's 99.9, not 99; at 99.9% per month it's 43 minutes a month. That's also assuming it's down at all; the guarantee I think is more for minor outages/updates but I've never had an issue with the site being down more than 20 minutes a month (and that was once for an apache update only). Pretty good for 2 years on paid :)

Edit: I think my math is off by a pretty hefty amount actually, I think your #'s more accurate, but in any case i've never seen it down more than 20 minutes without the cause being located. The few times it was slow were resolved quickly (usually some moron running RapidLeech and being granted a "goodbye you're suspended").

Edit 2: No, apparently mine is right. 30 days times 24 (hours a day) times 60 (minutes an hour) = 43,200, and 0.1% of that is 43.2 if I'm to trust Google. That'd be 43.2 minutes maximum downtime in 30 days...In any case that is about 8 hours a year, but that's assuming it actually -is- down that much :)

Last edited:

shdus1

Reaction score
I've noticed periods when x10 flies, and periods where it barely works. But, all said, it seems to be a pretty good host and the admins are always working to try to improve it. Usually the problems are unavoidable, and they work fast to fix them. Keep up the awesome work.

And any downtime that is not because of hardware failure, etc. is in order to improve your hosting experience in the future.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
According to the paid hosting site one of the servers:
Server Version Uptime
Explorer PHP Info 2.18 48 Days 07:22:49