WebFuzions.co.uk

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
With all do respect, that landing page does not look that good to be so important. As somebody here already said, the real SEO problem is in your home page. Using landing page to "cover for it" is just ... well covering for it. Instead of fixing what's wrong with your home page you just put a landing page and you thing you solved the problem. This is not the way you should resolve problems, especially if you offer web design and development services.

Look at it as using tables in page layout. You can use them for simple layouts and nobody will notice. You won't loose customers, everything looks the same as the one with divs and there is no reason you should change it. Wrong. Tables are meant to be used for presenting tables. Not making layouts. It's the same analogy with landing pages. They also have a purpose and you should not use them for covering up your SEO problems. They should be used when visitors have to choose something before they can proceed to the site (like language, region, age). For example http://www.asus.com/entryflash.htm They need a landing page because they have separate sites for different countries.

Back to the basics of web design. In web design everything should have a purpose. Tables do one thing, landing pages do the other, they were made to serve a particular purpose. Misusing them will only lead you to more trouble and more impotently, you won't learn the right way to do things.

So pleas, if you don't have a real reason to put a landing page, just don't. Covering up is not a reason ;)

webfuzions

Reaction score
I have got rid of the landing page and Google has re-index'ed us, we have kept the same position :D So all seems to have gone well.

Any other tips??

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
That's considerably better now and I hope you see some benefits from it soon.
I can't see anything considerably wrong with your site design now, the only thing I would say is that the background image is a little inconsistent with the rest of your site's design.

webfuzions

Reaction score
That's considerably better now and I hope you see some benefits from it soon.
I can't see anything considerably wrong with your site design now, the only thing I would say is that the background image is a little inconsistent with the rest of your site's design.

Thanks for the feedback :D

Okay, what would you suggest. A different colour or pattern, or both?

Maybe an image?

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
I would normally just suggest either a plain colour or a gradient. Patterned or image backgrounds are difficult to pull off well, but if you do they can look great.

webfuzions

Reaction score
I would normally just suggest either a plain colour or a gradient. Patterned or image backgrounds are difficult to pull off well, but if you do they can look great.

Ok, so what colour would you recommend? Black into white?

Last edited:

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Possibly, although black into grey might be a bit more fitting with the dark theme of your site. Add a drop shadow onto the main div and the colours should really pop-out nicely.
Something like this maybe.

webfuzions

Reaction score
Possibly, although black into grey might be a bit more fitting with the dark theme of your site. Add a drop shadow onto the main div and the colours should really pop-out nicely.
Something like this maybe.

Wow, i really like that. I'm not too great in photoshop (my business partner does all the graphics) but I like it that much Im gonna have a go now, and see how it looks.

What HEX values have you used?

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
It's #2B2B2B at the top down to #858585 at the bottom. I did this through CSS3 background gradients, which prevents having to use Photoshop but may not work in all browsers. The shadow on the main div is #000 and has a blur distance of 15px and 0px offset.

webfuzions

Reaction score
It's #2B2B2B at the top down to #858585 at the bottom. I did this through CSS3 background gradients, which prevents having to use Photoshop but may not work in all browsers. The shadow on the main div is #000 and has a blur distance of 15px and 0px offset.

I opted for a solid colour background, and added the shadow.

What do you think? www.webfuzions.co.uk

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
The shadow could be a little more subtle, but otherwise it's great.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Looks amazing!

The footer could do with a bit of work I think it needs a shadow

~Callum