Osama Bin Laden is dead!

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Just announced about twenty minutes ago: Osama Bin Laden is dead! 8)
What do you guys think? They said it was a U.S. bomb that hit about a week ago. Apparently they had to wait a week for DNA tests to confirm his identity.
Obama is supposed to deliver a statement sometime soon.

nexhunter

Reaction score
and the official release from Obama says that ground operations by delta more likely but in his words "counter terror units" at a mansion in pakistan killed him after an "intense" firefight

and now i'm off to bed after waiting an hour for someone to show up late -_-

Last edited:

labrat1461

Reaction score
Happy :p, finally justice has been served! Hopefully we can demolish the taliban now..

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
So they're just going to stand around waiting to surrender or assign a new figurehead? It'd be like ... when JFK was assassinated. Did the USA just stop? No... If anything this announcement may indeed just be a morale boost, in some ways like the Royal wedding here earlier in the week.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I smell a rat with this one. I can't believe one of America's most wanted men would be so dense as to go out into an area populated by the military.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I smell a rat with this one. I can't believe one of America's most wanted men would be so dense as to go out into an area populated by the military.

Same here, honestly. Something doesn't smell too nice despite the news articles saying otherwise. If they really did get him, I definitely smell something not-so-nice in the near future.

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Reason:
Longer he stayed safe = More reimbursements.

Draw your own conclusions.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
A murderer has been killed.

Guy was protected by the Pakistani people and government.

I want to hear the Pakistani government's explanation.

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
There is NO proof that this former CIA asset was has been killed, though he probably has been. After all the last thing the US governement wants is this guy in court giving his version of events. BTW: Dropping off the grid does not require the co-operation of a nations people or it's government no matter how high on the wanted list you may be. To imply otherwise is xenophobic ranting of the worst kind.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
To be honest, based on these sources my opinion is that he was dead years ago:

Benazir Bhutto: Bin Laden was Murdered
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnychOXj9Tg

Another source from Fox news back 2001 confirms that he died of natural causes:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,41576,00.html

I still don't get it how people seem to believe the mainstream media. It is controlled by zionist.

Make up your mind. Bhutto "says" he was murdered and Fox "says" he died of natural causes.

a) http://www.hotairarchives.com/audio/2007-08/greta-bhutto.mp3 After the Frost interview, Bhutto talks as if bin Laden alive.

b) Fox didn't "confirm" anything. They just relayed a claim from another paper. I don't remember Fox standing on the claim in the years since. Also, Fox is "mainstream media"

c) All the tapes, etc of bin Laden since then?

d) Yes, I get your bias. I really should have ignored you and your type.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I choose to believe he died in the reported recent gun battle and I am quite pleased with that.
Others may examine any available evidence and make their own conclusions.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
We only have whatever evidence the Navy SEALs extracted before they buried his body at sea. They say that pictures were taken of his body but the White House has not released those pictures.
I normally do not trust Obama with much but I must say that this was handled very well. There are people who tweeted yesterday saying that helicopters were flying over them around the same time that bin Laden's compound was stormed.
Although we have killed Osama bin Laden, I expect to see some attempted terror attacks on us sometime.

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
I do believe he died during the attack but other than hurting enemy moral it really gets us no where. The only thing that worries me is that I think Osama didn't fully believe what he was saying but I worry that his successor might and that might just change things quite a bit. Our real goal should be turning the people in the countries that they occupy against them. Only then will the matter begin to resolve itself.

ataarticles

Reaction score
Make up your mind. Bhutto "says" he was murdered and Fox "says" he died of natural causes.

a) http://www.hotairarchives.com/audio/2007-08/greta-bhutto.mp3 After the Frost interview, Bhutto talks as if bin Laden alive.

b) Fox didn't "confirm" anything. They just relayed a claim from another paper. I don't remember Fox standing on the claim in the years since. Also, Fox is "mainstream media"

c) All the tapes, etc of bin Laden since then?

d) Yes, I get your bias. I really should have ignored you and your type.

Ah, here we have another typical gullible pro Obama. There are so many reports that he was dead long ago. Who was behind 9-11? Ah that's it, blame the muslims as usual.

Where is Usama's body after the U.S. raid?
Hate to say it but, it's only a matter of a few years before your President gradually crashes your economy like Mugabe did with Zimbabwe.

lovely1185

Reaction score
Actually i don't really care if the recently report that he was killed in the raid is true or not.
i think most importantly is that he is dead. I don't care the time frame or how. as long as he is gone, i feel "a little bit" safer.

not to forget, he may be gone... his teachings and folllowers are still around. :rolleyes:

jackibees55

Reaction score
Ah, here we have another typical gullible pro Obama. There are so many reports that he was dead long ago. Who was behind 9-11? Ah that's it, blame the muslims as usual.

Where is Usama's body after the U.S. raid?
Hate to say it but, it's only a matter of a few years before your President gradually crashes your economy like Mugabe did with Zimbabwe.
Okay, I realize this is only a one-liner, which is supposed to be prohibited here, but before I can respond, I'm curious - if radical Jihadists weren't behind 9/11...who are you suggesting was?

Last edited:

kinley3

Reaction score
What does Obama have to do with anything?

It wasn't simply Muslims that coordinated and executed the attacks on 9/11; they were radical Islamic fundamentalists. There's quite a drastic difference.

I'm anything but an Obama apologist. I actually loathe the guy with every fiber of my being. However, the fact that I buy into this operation and its results has very little to do with my sentiments toward the president. It's one of those things that just is. And I'm OK with that.

Also, where are you getting your information regarding Osama bin Laden being dead years ago? Is this just a theory based on hearsay and rumors? Or is it something more than a simple conspiracy theory?