Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

graphicb

Reaction score
Well on my ftp client i accidently deleted the www directive, and now my website doesnt work. i have my files added to public.html but when i go to my website it gives me this message
http://prntscr.com/czplm

mraz

Reaction score
don't worry - you're still safe.

you can recreate the www folder in your home directory and copy the contents of your public_html to it.

suggest you to do this from cPanel File Manager.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Clear your browser cache and check your site again.

Do not re-create www. Do not copy the contents of public_html to it.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
don't worry - you're still safe.

you can recreate the www folder in your home directory and copy the contents of your public_html to it.

suggest you to do this from cPanel File Manager.

www is a symlink to public_html, which is impossible for normal users to create. Some support staff have the necessary access needed to restore this (as well as public_html itself if you manage to delete that -- it has custom permissions/ownership which is also impossible to set via cpanel/ftp), and if it is causing your site to not work you should open a support ticket.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Try adding ?foobar to the end of the URL, since your ISP is probably caching pages.

I can see your (empty except cgi-bin) main directory.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
http://<your website address>/?foobar

The bit after the ? is a parameter that is interpreted by the web server to do dynamic stuff - the theory is that by adding it, the intermediary node that is caching your connection will treat the request as new and not load it from the cache. At least, that's the theory.

For the record, I see a page starting with the following, WITHOUT adding anything to the homepage URL:
[h=2]Welcome to Graphic Battles[/h]Graphic Battles is a way for graphic designers to compete against each other and get classed accordingly. Apart from being a way to compete against other graphic designers, it can also be used as a resource website. Althought the project has just begun and we have a lot more things to work on we are hoping to finish this project quickly and properly. due to having a small team, our working speed isn't fast paced but in the future we intend to keep the website under constant updates till then please be patient and support us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.