Site_Inacessible JetPack Plugin [xmlrpc.php Blocked]

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiddenha

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm currently using x10 Free Hosting to host my site on a custom domain.
I'm running WordPress & am trying to install the JetPack plugin.
When activating the JetPack plugin I get this message:

Your website needs to be publicly accessible to use Jetpack: site_inaccessible

I did some research and most people are saying to ask the host whether they have placed some security over the xmlrpc.php file - which is needed in order to active the plugin.

If so, is there a way I could work around this & install the plugin?

Site: http://eclecticelite.com

SierraAR

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I can confirm the wordpress jetpack plugin is reporting this error:

Your website needs to be publicly accessible to use Jetpack: site_inaccessible

Error Details: The Jetpack server was unable to communicate with your site [HTTP 403]. Ask your web host if they allow connections from WordPress.com. If you need further assistance, contact Jetpack Support: http://jetpack.com/support/

I'd wager a guess that either:
A: Wordpress.com itself is being denied access to the servers via firewall or other block, or
B: External websites are denied access to files on the servers in general.

Either way, this would require someone with a bit more access than I have to confirm the cause of the issue and possibly correct it.

hiddenha

Reaction score
I can confirm the wordpress jetpack plugin is reporting this error:

I'd wager a guess that either:
A: Wordpress.com itself is being denied access to the servers via firewall or other block, or
B: External websites are denied access to files on the servers in general.

Either way, this would require someone with a bit more access than I have to confirm the cause of the issue and possibly correct it.

Thank you for your response.
JetPack is an essential plugin for my site to perform the way it needs to.

I hope we can get this issue resolved or find a workaround to get this plugin working.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

A change has been made that should fix this; please could you try again now? :)

Thank you,

hiddenha

Reaction score
Hi Dead-i
Thank you for making the change, it is working now.
Appreciate the help.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
I am facing the same issue. I stumbled upon this one. As this is not an old thread, I replied to this one. Please check.

site: http://androguider.com
Hi theteamk,

Please can you confirm that you are definitely seeing the exact error message in this thread, which was a HTTP 403, or is Jetpack reporting a different status code? I can't see any requests making it to Apache to your domain from a certain Automattic IP range, so I'm wondering if there's something else interfering here.

Thank you,

theteamk

Reaction score
Hi theteamk,

Please can you confirm that you are definitely seeing the exact error message in this thread, which was a HTTP 403, or is Jetpack reporting a different status code? I can't see any requests making it to Apache to your domain from a certain Automattic IP range, so I'm wondering if there's something else interfering here.

Thank you,

Thanks for the reply. Surprisingly, Jetpack sprung to life automatically somehow. I will go and have a look at a few files and logs though. Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.