Freehosting - Diskspace

Status
Not open for further replies.

twtechx1

Reaction score
Hello,
May I ask why I reached my disk space limit? I want to make a website to introduce how to use DJI Inspire drones to shot and edit videos, but now I can only upload 1 video to the website then the remaining space does not allow me to upload another one...
Thank you.

twtechx1

Reaction score
I won't upload too many videos in the future but I need to upload few raw DNG videos as an example to show how to use DaVinci Resolve to convert them to small video files and edit them.

Last edited:

Densai4

Reaction score
You have to increase your disk space. However, which hosting are you using right now?

kenny9

Reaction score
From the Terms of Service:
Personal Image and Video Galleries
Personal galleries are limited to 500MB of disk space for images and videos.
The TOS may be found at the bottom of each page under "LEGAL".

twtechx1

Reaction score
From the Terms of Service:
Personal Image and Video Galleries
Personal galleries are limited to 500MB of disk space for images and videos.
The TOS may be found at the bottom of each page under "LEGAL".
Yes, you are right.
I mean, I found some people in the community can increase their limits because they do not have enough space to store their media. That's why I try to request "unmetered" plan.
Could they increase the disk space to 3GB? The media files become bigger and bigger and 500MB/1000MB is not enough for some websites...
Anyway, thanks for your reminder.

rhaven

Reaction score
Yes, you are right.
I mean, I found some people in the community can increase their limits because they do not have enough space to store their media. That's why I try to request "unmetered" plan.
Could they increase the disk space to 3GB? The media files become bigger and bigger and 500MB/1000MB is not enough for some websites...
Anyway, thanks for your reminder.

Files over a certain size ( Not sure of the specific size ) are not permanently hosted, even if you have unmetered space - they get deleted after a week ( I think, could be a little longer ). Your best bet is to upload them offsite to a video host like YouTube and then just embed the video player - that'll work out better for you in the long run anyway, as you won't have to worry about your site getting suspended for overuse of resources.

Also, you have to have had your website for at least a week as well before you can request unmetered space.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Files over a certain size ( Not sure of the specific size ) are not permanently hosted, even if you have unmetered space - they get deleted after a week ( I think, could be a little longer ).
-
x10hosting now deletes files 10 MiB (or larger) in size - that have been on the server (in any folder) for more than about 4 hours - from non-upgraded free-hosting accounts only

the 4 hours time limit allows users to upload and extract site backups - and is not for short term file hosting...

you can store files that are 10 MiB or larger - at a file-hosting service (which x10hosting free-hosting is not) then link to them from your free-hosting Web page

see --> 'Terms of Service' (TOS) at [ File Storage ] --> [ https://x10hosting.com/legal/terms-of-service ]
###
-
for new x10hosting's free-hosting accounts - disk space is initially limited at 512 MB - Users may request (in this forum) for unmetered (not unlimited) disk space

The requirements for unmetered disk space are:
* The account has been active for at least 7 days.
* The account must be using at least half (50%) of it's current disk space allotment.
* The account must have a valid (i.e. working) website and follows the Terms of Service (TOS).
before x10hosting's Admins will upgrade your account

this upgrade is completely free
###

Last edited:

twtechx1

Reaction score
Files over a certain size ( Not sure of the specific size ) are not permanently hosted, even if you have unmetered space - they get deleted after a week ( I think, could be a little longer ). Your best bet is to upload them offsite to a video host like YouTube and then just embed the video player - that'll work out better for you in the long run anyway, as you won't have to worry about your site getting suspended for overuse of resources.

Also, you have to have had your website for at least a week as well before you can request unmetered space.
Thank you!
Maybe I will try a paid service.

twtechx1

Reaction score
-
x10hosting now deletes files 10 MiB (or larger) in size - that have been on the server (in any folder) for more than about 4 hours - from non-upgraded free-hosting accounts only

the 4 hours time limit allows users to upload and extract site backups - and is not for short term file hosting...

you can store files that are 10 MiB or larger - at a file-hosting service (which x10hosting free-hosting is not) then link to them from your free-hosting Web page

see --> 'Terms of Service' (TOS) at [ File Storage ] --> [ https://x10hosting.com/legal/terms-of-service ]
###
-
for new x10hosting's free-hosting accounts - disk space is initially limited at 512 MB - Users may request (in this forum) for unmetered (not unlimited) disk space

The requirements for unmetered disk space are:
* The account has been active for at least 7 days.
* The account must be using at least half (50%) of it's current disk space allotment.
* The account must have a valid (i.e. working) website and follows the Terms of Service (TOS).
before x10hosting's Admins will upgrade your account

this upgrade is completely free
###
Thank you!
I will try a paid service.

Status
Not open for further replies.