Resolved How login to phpmyadmin and ftp

Status
Not open for further replies.

pelletip

Reaction score
Hello

where can I see my password to phpmyadmin?

and how do I set up ftp with filezilla (which host, username and password to use)

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Phpmyadmin uses automated login from DirectAdmin, though the link under "Extra Features" sometimes fail on that part, there is also a link under "MySQL Management" that usually works better.

For ftp:
Host: x12.x10hosting.com
Username: Your account username. Can be seen under "Quick FTP" details on the main login. You can also create an ftp account from inside DirectAdmin
Password: For the base account it should be the same password as you use for the main login. For a created ftp account, whatever password you set the account up with.

pelletip

Reaction score
Phpmyadmin uses automated login from DirectAdmin, though the link under "Extra Features" sometimes fail on that part, there is also a link under "MySQL Management" that usually works better.

For ftp:
Host: x12.x10hosting.com
Username: Your account username. Can be seen under "Quick FTP" details on the main login. You can also create an ftp account from inside DirectAdmin
Password: For the base account it should be the same password as you use for the main login. For a created ftp account, whatever password you set the account up with.

Does not work I tried both ways. Have you enable ftp for my account?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The link to phpmyadmin under mysql management works fine when I log into your account, if that still fails try clearing cookies/cache.

Ftp is automatically enabled as long as the account works.
What error message do you get?

pelletip

Reaction score
The link to phpmyadmin under mysql management works fine when I log into your account, if that still fails try clearing cookies/cache.

Ftp is automatically enabled as long as the account works.
What error message do you get?

I use smartftp and got the error
Error 0x80044450
User authentication failed.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you able to login with the same credentials on: https://x12.x10hosting.com:2222/

Trying to determine if your password has gotten messed up in the migrations, if it has it would not work there either (but don't try more then once if it fails to avoid getting blocked).

pelletip

Reaction score
Are you able to login with the same credentials on: https://x12.x10hosting.com:2222/

Trying to determine if your password has gotten messed up in the migrations, if it has it would not work there either (but don't try more then once if it fails to avoid getting blocked).

Login to x12.x10hosting.com:2222/ with username pelletip and password does NOT work:( Why?
I use https://x10hosting.com/sign-in

with username: emailaddress password: same always and it works , it redirect to directadmin

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
There are some cases where the password gets messed up in transfer. Ideally the same password is passed to DirectAdmin, but if it does not comply with DA requirement (both uppercase, lowercase and numbers) it is not passed from SSO login to DA. Also during some testing we noticed that some special chars didn't get passed either.

However, we didn't dig into it too deeply at that point as a new backed should have been launched by now according to initial plans, unforeseen delays plus a few bugs popping up during final testing has delayed it, last estimate is end of month.

What I can recommend right now, as changing the password right on DA server may only work temporarily (until you login to SSO page), is to use the forgot password option tied to the SSO login and update to a password that is upper- and lowercase plus at least one number, as for special chars might be good to avoid those right now, although at least - would work.

Then when you login with the new password that would be transferred down to the server as well, and enabling the same password for ftp as well.

pelletip

Reaction score
There are some cases where the password gets messed up in transfer. Ideally the same password is passed to DirectAdmin, but if it does not comply with DA requirement (both uppercase, lowercase and numbers) it is not passed from SSO login to DA. Also during some testing we noticed that some special chars didn't get passed either.

However, we didn't dig into it too deeply at that point as a new backed should have been launched by now according to initial plans, unforeseen delays plus a few bugs popping up during final testing has delayed it, last estimate is end of month.

What I can recommend right now, as changing the password right on DA server may only work temporarily (until you login to SSO page), is to use the forgot password option tied to the SSO login and update to a password that is upper- and lowercase plus at least one number, as for special chars might be good to avoid those right now, although at least - would work.

Then when you login with the new password that would be transferred down to the server as well, and enabling the same password for ftp as well.

Yes it works fine with ftp and login 12.x10hosting.com:2222 . Thanks!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you got it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.