FileZilla not connecting

erockuse

Reaction score
Hi,

Well my website is back and everything seems to be working, but when I use FileZilla I get "530 Login authentication failed. Critical error: Could not connect to server." However if I go in via control panel -> file manager I can get access that and upload files.

When I had to change my password I also changed it in FileZilla. FileZilla was working before all the issues.

So is this do to the current server issues ?

Thanks.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
This is not going to solve anything for the user as he can not connect to our server, I'd assume filezilla works properly and is not the cause of the connection issue the user have.

Hi,

Well my website is back and everything seems to be working, but when I use FileZilla I get "530 Login authentication failed. Critical error: Could not connect to server." However if I go in via control panel -> file manager I can get access that and upload files.

When I had to change my password I also changed it in FileZilla. FileZilla was working before all the issues.

So is this do to the current server issues ?

Thanks.
There's a lot of confusion regarding passwords and the need to reset on first login to the new account panel.
The password you are setting with that option ONLY sets a new password for the panel login, to go with your email address.

Filezilla (as well as DirectAdmin's direct login option) would still use the same password as you used before.
You can change this from inside the panel (https://x10hosting.com/panel), navigate to your service and you would there have the following options "Change Password" "Hosting Control Panel" and "Terminate Service", the password change here will change the DirectAdmin password, which is what you probably were using together with the username, also seen on that page. See image.

DA_password.png

erockuse

Reaction score
Ok got it fixed. Before all the changes, I had the username as my email address and previous password and it worked fine. Changed the password as you mentioned in the control panel but I also had to change the username to match what was on the panel screen.

I noticed there a buch of files like for instance PE3AE07H.index.html. Will those files be automatically removed or do I need to remove them ?
No biggie if I have to. Just need to know if its safe too.

Thanks!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok got it fixed. Before all the changes, I had the username as my email address and previous password and it worked fine. Changed the password as you mentioned in the control panel but I also had to change the username to match what was on the panel screen.

I noticed there a buch of files like for instance PE3AE07H.index.html. Will those files be automatically removed or do I need to remove them ?
No biggie if I have to. Just need to know if its safe too.

Thanks!
Leave them, your server, x12 is work in progress. Last I heard it was about halfway done.

For filezilla the email address would never have been a valid user (though ftp accounts you create inside DirectAdmin and also formerly at cPanel, did have the same format as an email address as they need to be unique for the server). So if you had an ftp account you created at any point, it should still have worked without changing the password in the first place, though the server issued could have affected that as well.