DB number problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lionheart8

Reaction score
Please excuse me if this has been addressed. I somehow did not find a connected article after trying a search.

For quite a while, I have noted I have more than the 5 allocated DBases for the corporate plan - 6 to be precize. I thought the problem would go at the time there was a general DB problem during that period when a number of updates where going on.

The first DB which is quite conspicuous has the name similar to the cpanel login and this cannot be edited.
This was not a problem until I tried to use it. I noted whereas one can view it in phpmyadmin, one cannot use it.
I deleted one of my regular databases but cannot create one because I supposedly have all the 5 DBs be used!
This irregular DB as said cannot be edited. If one tries to delete it, one gets the deletion confirmation, but it is not deleted and furthermore, if one tries to connect a user to it, all seems to go well, even allocation of privileges, but then one immediately notices in the table listing the DBs on the Cpanel it has no user assigned to it!
If you try to install a script using it, one gets the error message such a DB does not exist! :mad:

What can I do to get back my regular DB?

As said if this has been addressed (as I suspect - probably others on Stoli may be experiencing/have experienced the same), excuse me & point me to the article dealing with the problem.

Regards

Last edited:

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Are you reffering to the information schema ?

Also how long ago did you delete the database ? It might take some time to reflect the changes in cpanel.

Last edited:

lionheart8

Reaction score
Hi

If you go to the MYSQL Databases link on the Cpanel, you have the list of DBs one is using. Before I deleted one functioning DB for some reason it showed I had "6" instead of the normal 5. The 6th database database appeared mysteriously at the time there were major issues x10hosting was experiencing & I did not raise it because i assumed it was one of the general problems faced by all.
I did not create it. It just appeared & as said it is made of the cpanel login name. The DBs one creates normally have the format yourcpanelusername_what-u-append-to this.

Creating a user + assigning priveleges to it or even deteting it are all confirmed only that they dont take place in reality.

I tried several times to install something into it yesterday 6th April, but failed & that's when I also noted one can view it in phpmyadmin.

After establishing I could not use it, that's when i deleted one of my regular 5 DBs & installed what I wanted on it.
that effectively leaves me with 4 DBs instead of 5 as that "6th" one is apparently not accessible. Trying to create replacement is met with the error
Sorry, you have exceeded the maximum allowed databases.

I have never had any creation or deleting of a DB not being instantly reflected on the Cpanel both here at x10hosting & elsewhere.

A friend also on Stoli has the same problem.

Update:
Via phpmyadmin, I was able to create tables in that DB BUT when installing a script, whenb I gave it as the target DB + the other stuff required, there's an error such a DB does not exist or something to that effect.

Last edited:

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
Database "xprt007" deleted.
It's a bug on cPanel which made this databases appear. The last cPanel update should have fixed this, but apparently hasn't, so we're deleting this databases upon users request.

Is there something more I can do for you?

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Closing the thread as the issue is attended to.

Status
Not open for further replies.