Review My Site

zramaek

Reaction score
I have been working a website for a youth baseball team. I haven't put in a lot of content yet, but I just wanted some feedback on the basic layout of the site. On the side bar, the only team with any information put in is the "11's" link. I am looking for some feedback on the design/layout/graphic design aspect of the site.

Thanks for you time.

http://zachrtest.x10hosting.com/

LHVWB

Reaction score
I am using firefox and viewing this site at 1024x768px.

Okay, I like the header and I think the template is good because its simple, clean and looks good. Here are my comments
  1. The Site is too wide, I have to scroll to see the far right of it to see everything, this should be avoided because it detracts from the template.
  2. Because of that when I scroll to the far right of the page, the white box goes right to the edige of the page, it would look better if there was some black space inbetween that white box and the edge of the page.
  3. Finally the menu image which comes up when you hover over a menu button doesn't always work for all of the menu buttons, especially the last two.
Apart from that the site looks very nice. 7/10.

zramaek

Reaction score
I am viewing this page in 1440 x 900px , so everything fits nicely on my screen, and if I go much smaller things are to small to read. What is the best way to account for such differences?

LHVWB

Reaction score
You might get some more help if you ask in the Graphics & Webdesign forum about this, but I can suggest that you take these steps.

1. Avoid using pictures which are really wide, with you site I think that this is the main reason why it is displaying it too wide, while it is a really good header, you should probably try to make it less wide.
  2. Try to set the width of your divs or html elements as a percentages instead of defining them in pixels. I think that you have already done this though.
To fix up the white contents box being too close to the outside, you could add another table element <td> as a spacer.

Agenator

Reaction score
(#4 (permalink))
verbsite
Programming Moderator

Credits: 3,660¢
Donate/Pay

Re: Review My Site - Today, 07:22 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You might get some more help if you ask in the Graphics & Webdesign forum about this, but I can suggest that you take these steps.

Avoid using pictures which are really wide, with you site I think that this is the main reason why it is displaying it too wide, while it is a really good header, you should probably try to make it less wide.
Try to set the width of your divs or html elements as a percentages instead of defining them in pixels. I think that you have already done this though.
To fix up the white contents box being too close to the outside, you could add another table element <td> as a spacer.

try to stay away from tables, you could try some padding instead...

legendphil

Reaction score
i'm currently in 1280x1024 and it seems well with no problems.. but still., it's a bit too wide for a site with fixed width..

i think you might consider making it fluid., just a bunch of percents so that all users would be able to see how you imagined your site regardless of the resolution their units are using..

but everything still looks good.. well done!.

delon

Banned
Reaction score
i am viewing this website in flock 1.1.2 and in 1024 x 768 resolution screen,
i think the nav bar needs a touch, since i dont find it nice but looks shabby type and the page is too long in width, i had to scroll a lot to the end to view the content.

Remember : First Impression is the Last Impression.

kkenny

Reaction score
Your sidebar is ok, it's just mainly the width of your page which is the problem to me, other than that it has a nice layout. But it might be hell for people who have dial up who want to see your page haha.