GET RICH (hopefully!) | Seeking developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott B

Reaction score
Hello everyone:biggrin:
In hopes of making some money, I am seeking developers help develop a paid forum script that offers better functionality than vBulletin or IPB but for a much lower price! (hopefully this tagline will attract buyers:naughty:)
This is just an idea, I haven't thought about it much yet.
Unfortunately I know no PHP, so I will definitely need some help. Heres what I'm looking for currently:

1 other Person for design and similar development (I am one of those people).
Requirements:
-Experience in HTML and CSS.

1 Javascript coder.

3 PHP Developers
-You must have extensive knowledge in PHP.

We will also need some people to follow the progress of the project and thoroughly test it.

The money made from purchases will be divided up among us.

I wrote this post really quickly since its getting really late here, I will add some more details tomorrow.

PM me if interested!!

Last edited:

scorch94

Reaction score
If one guy is going to design, one guy is coding in JS and one guy is coding in PHP and one guy is testing... whata heck are you going to do? :)

Scott B

Reaction score
I stated above:
1 other Person for design and similar development (I am one of those people).
Requirements:
-Experience in HTML and CSS.

CuteKate400

Reaction score
I don't think this would work out. I am not trying to be rude or anything but I dalt you will succeed unless you have a great team and a great idea which ain't easy since SMF and phpBB like many others are 100% FREE.

Last edited:

CuteKate400

Reaction score
Well IPB and vB sure seem to sell...

Yes I know, but the only reason they sell is because they have lots of addons and they are high quality.
If someone had to choose between these boards, then they would either choose expensive paid or they would go for the free one... I'm not too sure how to explain it to you, but it ain't gonna work out.
You would need to have something unique.

Scott B

Reaction score
Well...we could make up something unique ;) Who says none of us could make something high-quality?
but the only reason they sell is because they have lots of addons and they are high quality
IPB and vB didn't have a lot of addons when they started out, but eventually they gathered a large community.

Last edited:

Scott B

Reaction score
It sure seems to sell! Have you ever tried vB?
Edit:
Any name suggestions even?

Last edited:

tondopie

Reaction score
making a hit forum system is like making a hit band. It's about a 1/100(0) of reaching the top. I would learn PHP if I were you so that other people aren''t doing most of the work.

kesne

Reaction score
Oh, seriously you should learn to code, if you code this by yourself, then it's better. If you let other people do all the work, 9/10 times they are going to leave. I did once, I joined FlareBoards. They didn't credit me so I grabed my coding and left.

Trust me, you will want to learn to code.

Sohail

Reaction score
This would be a really big project and i think you would need a lot more developers for it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.