Best Quote

like2program

Reaction score
"One man's constant is another mans variable" (who knows)
"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC; as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. (Edsger Dijkstra)"

intheclutch

Reaction score
"Not all treasure is silver and gold."

"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

"We all have to be a little bit crazy or else we'd all go insane!"

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Perfect7

Reaction score
Some of mymost favourite quotes:

"The race is not to the swift
or the battle to the strong,
nor does food come to the wise
or wealth to the brilliant
or favor to the learned;
but time and chance happen to them all..."

"He who asks is a fool for 10 minutes. He who does not ask will be a fool forever..."

A quote for whenever you are in doubt to recheck a certain thing:
"To be careful a thousand times is not a serious matter, but to die one time due to carelessness is..."

skracing

Reaction score
This quote makes me laugh and is also my favorite:

"Asking if computers can think is like asking if submarines can swim." -Unknown

echidna

Reaction score
"There are too many girls/women out there to have oneitis. (google it)" ~Sundosia

Just kidding... 3 of my favorites are:

"And when you can no longer dwell in the solitude of your heart you live in your lips, and sound is a diversion and a pastime."~Khalil Gibran

"All are lunatics, but he who can analyse his delusion is called a philosopher."~Ambrose Bierce

"And it is that in the treasonous world
nothing is truth nor lie:
everything is according to the color
of the crystal through which it is seen."~ Ramon De Campoamor

hopper

Reaction score
'there are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots'
'a pint cant hold a quart, if it holds the pint it's doing the best it can'
'a wolf remains a wolf, even if it hasn't eaten your sheep'

websoul

Reaction score
"Lead , Follow or get out of the way !"

"I don't know wat is next.But am sure that it will be good!"

XtinctionZ

Reaction score
"Hopeless as it may seem we stand and carry onward with the ripples of water that surface on our hearts."

Personally, I like this one. It can be found in Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core. A quote from Genesis.

whitebus

Reaction score
"Veni, Vidi, Vici" - "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julius Ceasar

I like this one too, very succinct. (although I sometimes say it in a different order.)

Hard to beat Voltaire for good quotes: I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

I also came across one that I found very inspirational by a Stanford football coach, although I forget it all: Great men have been made mediocre by an inability to accept and abide by a defeat...

Or if you like comedy: Blackadder: This is the worst moment of my entire life. I spent my last penny on a catskin windcheater, and I've just broken a priceless turnip... and now I'm about to be viciously slaughtered by a naked Tunisian sock merchant. And all I can say, Baldrick, is this: it's the last time I dabble in politics! --(Blackadder the Third - Dish and Dishonesty written by Richard Curtis and Ben Elton)

xiadow001

Reaction score
I' tell you what i like!! Here it is:

while (mode == asleep){
sheep++
}

...from Alex Mac's sig...lol... sorry man.. i just lykd it..

Seriously.. here it is from a Greek Philospher named Epictetus:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]"But I wish to be purple, that small part which is bright, and makes all the rest appear graceful and beautiful. Why then do you tell me to make myself like the many? and if I do, how shall I still be purple? "
[/FONT]

mcklovin

Reaction score
"Life is a B Movie: it's stupid and it's strange, it's a directionless story, the dialogue is lame, but in the 'he said she said' sometimes there's some poetry, if you turn your back long enough and let it happen naturally."

VPmase

Reaction score
I remembered another one.

"With great power comes great responsibility."
I'm not sure where that came from.

wiileg3nd

Reaction score
"Touch not the cat without a glove". I love it because I don't think my friend knew what it meant, and for a family motto he put that down, and I just couldn't stop laughing.

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
"Hopeless as it may seem we stand and carry onward with the ripples of water that surface on our hearts."

Personally, I like this one. It can be found in Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core. A quote from Genesis.
I love the game. Hell of a long one for the PSP. I watched every animation. Even the summoning ones as well even though I saw them so many times again. xD

"Winning an arguement on the internet is the same as winning the Special Olympics. Even though you win, you still are retarded."

Last edited:

Coldfirezz

Reaction score
"When heaven and hell (Good and bad) collide you get the beauty of life"

What do you people think of this?

~ Have a great day!

~<!Coldfirezz!>~

Last edited: