Poll: Would you like MagickWand to be installed?

Would you like to have MagickWand installed

• Total voters

devongovett

Reaction score
MagickWand is a PHP extension that allows access to the powerful ImageMagick graphics library. It is far more powerful than GD, which is the standard imaging library for PHP. Check it out here...

Thanks for voting.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Free Hosting is for support issues only. Moved to Computers and Technology

[And nobody else can reply in Free Hosting....]

Last edited:

Chris73

Reaction score
This is a poll requested by staff to see if it is indeed an extension that would be worth the time installing.

deadimp

Reaction score
Googled "php imagemagick", and found this, which also referred to imagick, which is on PECL.
A nice thing about it is that it has OOP. Here's an example from the cvs for making thumbnails.

Last edited:

kkenny

Reaction score
There are ways to access ImageMagick without even using MagickWand. For example, many 3rd party scripts such as J!, Drupal, e107, phpbb2&3, SMF, myBB, wordpress, b2evolution etc., etc., ask for the path/directory for ImageMagick (/usr/bin I think) and if you were to hand code your own scripts all you need is to ask a few php experts in the programming forum, and other areas. I myself think this wouldn't be worth the time installing.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I've used this extension before, and it's nice to have. I have opted to have it installed but we'll see where this gets.

mswist

Reaction score
I'd be very interested in using MagicWand, or any other php interface for ImagrMagick (like Imagick). Is there any chance, that it'd be available?