My New Design

Scott B

Reaction score
Please check out my new design for my site that's still in development:
http://sbonline.co.cc
Its currently based on a single image and still needs a lot more coding, but tell me what you think of it so far!

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
I like it. I think it looks clean, and I like the colour scheme.

I've never seen an entire page that's one big image map. But I suppose it has it's advantages. The only problems I can see is that it might get annoying having to edit the image all the time. Also what happens if you want dynamic content? That may be fun to code.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Nice design! But as TechAsh said, it may be hard to edit the image so many times to add something. =P
It's smooth, clean and good looking.
9/10

Scott B

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm going to have some problems along the way, but I already have some workarounds in mind.

Daniel S

Reaction score
I would rate it 7/10
I think it looks good because you have kept it simple and used a good colour scheme and all text is easy to read. The only think I would suggest you do to make it a bit better is to make the "Hello Guest. Login Or Register" a bit bigger. But otherwise it is a good site design.

I would rate it 9.5/10

Despistado

Reaction score
its look basic but look nice dark color are good , we have to wait to tell you more about it, but it look very nice :)

best regards.

jjpeacha

Reaction score
Personally I quite like the design itself - bit basic especially as its just one big image map, meaning you can be as creative as you want without worrying about if you are able to code it. Also I've noticed a problem with the background colouring not blending with the site image.

sbincorrectum0.png

Also, down to SEO; thats a disaster waiting to happen. You won't get very high in google ect with an image map unfortunately.

Have you considered coding it? I'm sure it wont be too hard to do.

As somebody has said updating it will be a pain too.

Anyway so far I'll give it a 4/10; harsh I know but weighing up all the factors its just isn't really worth the time and effort editing each image per page and then getting people to download a large image for each page because they there isn't anything to store in the cache!

Scott B

Reaction score
Also I've noticed a problem with the background colouring not blending with the site image.
Hmm...I don't see it.

And yeah, I am actually in the process of coding it, I just wanted to see what people thought of the design

XGI Admin

Reaction score
Will you be selling this template? lol. This template is very well put together, If you were to sell it i think selling it for real money would be the way to go. It sort of looks like a flash template even though it is not. IMO it would fit well as a flash template. Anyway nicely done very-well put together! I tried to make a remake but failed miserably if you want to see it, tell me.

Last edited:

Scott B

Reaction score
Haha can I see it?
I will probably not be selling that exact template, but similar others.

Scott B

Reaction score
Haha it doesn't look much like mine but it still looks pretty cool ;)
I used Paint.net.
Btw, what font did you use?

XGI Admin

Reaction score
Font: Birth of a Hero

And wow, thats really good for paint.net I made mine in paint.net also.
How do you make those thin lines in PDN?

Also what font are you using?

Scott B

Reaction score
What thin lines? The lines are probably set to a thickness of 1 or 2.
I'm using Calibri (in caps of course)