Windows XP or Windows Vista

• Windows XP

Votes: 47 65.3%
  • Windows Vista

Votes: 25 34.7%

• Total voters

briana23

Reaction score
XP. For me, XP is more reliable and less demanding. Plus, I can get all of those fancy new features in Vista through 3rd party programs like Vista Transformation Pack. Although XP is about seven years old, Windows 7 is supposed to be released in another year or two, and it's supposed to have some major new features. Why use Vista when I can get the same result, if not better, with XP?

Or, we could just use Ubuntu. :)

guypants

Reaction score
Windows Xp, vista is got so many bugs, its incompatable with alot of things, and its just like an unfinished version, its so un-professional Grr!

componentwarehouse

Reaction score
Windows Xp, vista is got so many bugs, its incompatable with alot of things, and its just like an unfinished version, its so un-professional Grr!

Thats not true, I migrated to the 64-bit Vista, and it supports everything I own, except a PS2 Eyetoy, which was never even meant for the computer. Also, nearly all the bugs have been ironned out, and mine hasnt crashed once yet, XP had a few crashes. As well as this, Vista recovers so much better if expolorer or something stops responding, in XP, I lost all my icons from the system tray, Vista brings them back just perfect.

Alex

scottnj

Reaction score
Alright, I am back here with a fair reply. I am running Windows Vista right now. I don't like it nearly as much as Windows XP. Why? Vista is way to heavy on graphics and takes forever and eternity to load. I also don't like how it is arranged. It's not to terrible, but it is not nearly as good as XP.

componentwarehouse

Reaction score
Alright, I am back here with a fair reply. I am running Windows Vista right now. I don't like it nearly as much as Windows XP. Why? Vista is way to heavy on graphics and takes forever and eternity to load. I also don't like how it is arranged. It's not to terrible, but it is not nearly as good as XP.

OK, I spose not liking how it is arranged is a personal opinion, I quite like the way its arranged, more then XP.

I also must admit that I do gloss over the fact that its slow on some computers, as I have a very powerful computer, but I know it runs fine on my laptop that has a Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM and ATI shared graphics. Everything works as it should, including aero.

Alex

xgsgame

Reaction score
personally i go with vista all the way.
while my xp mahcine can boot faster (sometimes) it also has only 20gb of stuff on it compared to my vista machine which takes 5 seconds longer and has 162GB of stuff. Also vista search thingy is useful and i find it more userfriendly than XP - such as my 'Hidden Folders' arent actually hidden and stuff. Vista all tha Whay!

nexhunter

Reaction score
I prefer window vista due to it nice and lean looking in my opinion and much easier to find stuff if i got like 50 folders and i don't remeber which one i putted a file in, yes that the state of my documents folder, but i only can run xp for right now until i upgrade my ram and hard drive space so i can keep xp and the games i dont want to reinstall or the mods that dont want to download again.

frankfriend

Reaction score
I have Vista ultimate on a fairly high spec laptop, and it runs pretty well - it did slow down when I loaded the Service Pack release! I use XP on a desktop and that is pretty slow - but it is getting to the time when I need to reinstall it.

dazappa

Reaction score
I don't know what it was, but our school used vista for the comp lab and they were all using roughly 40% of the 1.5gb ram idle; after a login. Yeah it did run smoothly, and yes you will have to get used to some things changing around. Right now, I'm running win2k. Yes, 2k. I never felt like buying XP or Vista; so I have a very fast machine. (3ghz, 2gb ram, 512mb vid). I am going to get a laptop in roughly two years; and windows 7 will probably be out by then so I will never get vista. I've also read a lot of bad things about vista; unsupported hardware being the most common. Also, one of microsoft's top guys said that after getting vista, he then had a $2100 email machine... Also my brother got a laptop about a month ago, and it had Vista. Now, most things run ok, but he has to right click on most things and click 'run as administrator' to get them to work properly. Also, whenever he plays Guild Wars (nothing else) windows media center pops up and destroys his internet connection.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
My school is still running Windows XP. They were going to get Vista on their newer computers, and their network is more than capable of handling it along with their programs, but I'm curious as to why they didn't. Probably to keep confusion down or to make sure people don't use security flaws to get onto blocked sites, but a lot of people these days have Vista on their computers now.

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
+1 for Windows XP. My PC has been running for 63 Days, no problems yet; fastest OS you will find:).

stealth_thunder

Reaction score
I still prefer windows xp more than vista due to its speed and stability and also lesser bugs than vista...

knight3000

Reaction score
XP ALL THE WAY WOOOOO alot more stable than vista and whoever said vista security is good lied! :D

componentwarehouse

Reaction score
Vista only uses most of the RAM after login to make the programs open faster. What use is having 4GB or RAM thats not being used half the time? Vista fills it with Word or things you use often, so when you open them it all comes from the super fast RAM, not the slow HDD, so it opens faster. If you need the RAM for other stuff, it automatically deletes these files, so although it seems that its using a lot, its really just making life faster for you.

Alex

kennbona

Reaction score
Vista is noting more than a product to try and get people off of Windows Xp Due to the many Cracked versions out there on the web. The only thing M$ could do is launch a "better" Version that attracts the users away from XP. Unfortunately for us all this means Lower performance. More bugs, and even more bugs. The next Version of windows is what i'm really looking foward to "Windows 7".

Did you know that Windows XP Beats Windows Vista in nearly all Benchmarks "on the same system"? Not too hard to beleave is it?

Thanks
kenneth
Edit:
+1 for Windows XP. My PC has been running for 63 Days, no problems yet; fastest OS you will find:).
Fastest OS you will find? Faster than linux? Faster than Mac OS? why do you think Linux is mostly used for server systems?

out of those tow, i would agree xp is faster but not so then linux. Linux Trashes XP.

Last edited:

crazyharp81602

Reaction score
As of right now, I prefer Windows XP. Windows XP I like better than any Windows operating systems out there.

JAL Virtual

Reaction score
Im going to have to say XP it way more reliable i will swich when Version 7 of windows comes out