Dreamweave is it the cost?

sclewin

Reaction score
Dreamweaver is a program everyone wishes of getting, but can never get of it's prices.
This may be true for you, but please don't assume it for everyone. Personally, I have no intentions of using Dreamweaver. I would not use it even if I could get it for free. I am very happy with Quanta Plus and if I was not using Quanta, I would be using Eclipse.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
They're two completely different programs, one is a content management system and the other is a what you see is what you get (WYSIWYG) / code highlighting editor; so this comparision is void before we've already got started. You can't compare them.

To be honest, I dislike Joomla!. It tries to do too much in my opinion, and is a little bloated for my purposes, but that doesn't mean it's a bad application or it won't work for others - I'd just prefer to write something that's a little more suited to the project, that's all. It has got a large array of features to make keeping a site up to date a lot easier and faster.

And Dreamweaver is an amazing program, but again other people may have a different preference. It makes mixing PHP and HTML a lot easier because of the way it is capable of highlighting both simultaneously in the same file. Its default layouts are a little bloated, but it's easy to make your own. It offers helpful information about different elements in HTML and CSS and functions in PHP. This saves a great deal of time; it's a great program.

But as I said above, you can't compare two programs that do completely things, it's like trying to compare an oven and a fridge really - it can't be done.

-Luke.

Dan

Reaction score
Please when posting in this thread from now on, make sure that you are not just repeating what someone else has said and make sure you are not just posting a one liner such as 'This isn't true'. Posts should say why you like it and why you don't like the other or why you think this, and why you think that person is wrong etc. etc.