Mysql error

pokefan2

Reaction score
I cannot figure out this error

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Access denied for user 'pokefan0'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/pokefan0/public_html/pokefan0_wolfmagic/info.php on line 4

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/pokefan0/public_html/pokefan0_wolfmagic/info.php on line 4
Access denied for user 'pokefan0'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

$dbhost = 'localhost';
$dbuser = 'root';
$dbpass = '';
$dbname = 'pokefan0_wolfmagic';

is what I have typed.

marshian

Reaction score
Is this on x10? Because the normal username for a database is {yourcpname}_{name} eg. pokefan0_root . Also, the password must be correct.

Have you even set a user up?

pokefan2

Reaction score
Is this on x10? Because the normal username for a database is {yourcpname}_{name} eg. pokefan0_root . Also, the password must be correct.

Have you even set a user up?

What do you mean, set a user up... I am signed up for x10hosting.

konekt

Reaction score
What do you mean, set a user up... I am signed up for x10hosting.
Go under the MySQL tab on your CPanel account and create a new user with all the needed permissions. I'll make a picture tutorial if you need but it should be pretty self-explanatory (i.e. well labeled so you know what you need to click).

The tables do not have auto-created accounts so the mysql part of your account has to be configured with them. Luckily the process is made easy by X10 so you can just fill in some forms and a new authorized user is created.

Last edited:

marshian

Reaction score
What konekt means is: mysql users are not the same as x10 users. You have to set them up separatly in your control panel.
Also don't forget to assign the user to the database with the right permissions, or it will fail again.