Where do you buy your pc?

Mitch

Reaction score
Where do you buy your pc?

I just want to know where you buy your pc?

Example: Local Shop, Web Shop, PC shop etc.

Nathan H

Reaction score
I don't buy my PCs. I buy the components online and i build them myself. This way i have guarentees for each individual component and theyre not vooided when i upgrade. i tend to find it's also ALOT cheaper to build myself and you will always get exactly what you want.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
I always go online to get computer stuff. My laptop came from Dell's online shop, and all the parts for our Desktop came from ebuyer.com.

tittat

Reaction score
I will go to a pc Shop and order one.
I don't find a reason to buy it online, in hometown the price of components and assembling it is quite cheap.

burner35

Reaction score
I write down what I need, e-mail it to my dad and he orders the stuff wholesale from Synex and Ingram Micro tech.

jaco_don

Reaction score
Well I have my engineer with whom I consult ... Lately he is out of town ... and can't get him connected ..as I face lots of virus problem in my PC

worldwise001

Reaction score
I usually custom-build my computers if they are new ones, from either the local PC store or online from newegg.com.

Also tend to pick up old computers, monitors, other misc computer hardware from garage sales, college surplus places, etc for me to experiment with.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
The only computers which is two that we have since they were first unboxed were bought from Dell. The other 6 computers in my house including my gaming computer (yes, I have 8 computers and 2 game consoles now!) are either hand-me-downs or systems I built. My gaming computer is one I built from brand new parts from NewEgg and TigerDirect. In my house, we have a laptop which is a new Dell that is a work laptop, and he have an older desktop from Dell as well.

Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
I check www.dealcatcher.com for deals, and customize my computers. The cost for me to build comparable machines myself would easily be more money.

For instance for $669 I got this setup from Dell:
20" LCD Widescreen Monitor
2.33 GHz Core2Duo, 4 MB L2
2 GB RAM
256 MB nVidia 8600GT
80 GB HDD

Reminder that this machine was purchased nearly 7 months ago when prices for components were much higher than they were now

admael

Reaction score
I buy my components from Newegg and video cards and other mods from acknowledged volt modders on eBay.

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
I got my PC's case from TradeMe, the DVD drive from Ascent (now my main supplier), the PSU from Dick Smith Electronics, and the rest from Akihabara in Japan. :biggrin:

burner35

Reaction score
It always works out cheaper to buy parts and build it yourself than buy it from a Computer shop. ;)

shaunak

Reaction score
I buy the components from where ever they are cheapest and assemble them myself.

souradipm

Reaction score
Dell, coz they're cheap and they will customise your box for you. Yay no electric shocks!

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
You don't need to get electric shocks from building a PC. Just as long as everything on the back and the PSU is unplugged, it's safe. I've changed hardware in my gaming computer many times and the only shock you might get is static, which you need to ground off someplace and not in your computer.

fempower

Reaction score
First few were local, this one online, building next one from parts bought online.