Firefox 3.0

doiley

Reaction score
Hi there,

anybody using the new firefox 3.0

I've been using 2.0 for a while now and wondering if there is anything new in it...

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm using Firefox 3. I never used the betas, but I did download and install Firefox 3 onto all of my computers here (about 6) and some other computers I've been fixing up on download day.

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
I've been using Firefox 3 since Download Day. It's great. I think the only reason to stick with FF2 is if you use Windows 98.

Last edited:

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Thread moved to Computers & Technology

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
Firefox 3 is great, I really recommend you get it. I think it is faster than Firefox 2 and a more useful features.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
I haven't noticed any performance differences between FF2 and FF3. Both still use a decent amount of memory when tabs are open, and still seem to have minor memory leaks.

If you're fine with FF2 and don't want to mess up your bookmarks (which it did to mine), then stick with FF2.

The buttons in FF3 take some getting used to as well..

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
It didn't mess my bookmarks up. It doesn't really take time to learn if you just use Back/Forward. :)

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I am using the Firefox V3.0.1, I am comfortable with the performance of the new ff. It is very nice. and i recommend it.

aionline

Reaction score
Indeed, Firefox 3 is great! Lots of improvements from Firefox 2. The location bar does more than just URL hinting now. It shows the page title so it gives you more info if that is the link you are trying to type. :)

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Guys, a few days ago Mozilla released Firefox 3.0.1 . Just want to make sure you guys didn't miss the auto-update!

eminemix

Reaction score
I have a 64kbps connection and Firefox+AdblockPlus(add-on) makes me surf much faster.

Last edited:

GBH187

Reaction score
FF3 is the most complete web browser available at the moment

I say that because it has
near 100% standards compliant HTML engine
OS Independent Addon infrastructure
Large range of Addon's avalibale
ff2 was good but FF3 is better, there is no reason that I can see to hang back with ff2

burner35

Reaction score
I would have to agree with you GBH187.

Firefox 2 was terrible and Firefox 3 fixes FF2 up :)

mattura

Reaction score
FF3 is really good. Even mouse gestures migrated fine. But Adblock went a bit dodgy and hid some genuine flash (even when whitelisted), so I had to get rid of adblock. However, there don't seem to be many ads that bother me any more...
I love the address bar suggestions!

onicarpeso

Reaction score
ff3 rules! there are time i use k-meleon though (its fast and feature rich) when im using my old age laptop. =) but im sticking with ff3 and all the add-ons

T

themasterrocker

FF3 is the most complete web browser available at the moment

I say that because it has
near 100% standards compliant HTML engine
OS Independent Addon infrastructure
Large range of Addon's avalibale
ff2 was good but FF3 is better, there is no reason that I can see to hang back with ff2

I agree, but not all the addon's are ff3 compatible. I had to wait about a month to get the 3 i usually get.
I use firefox whatever, unless its someone elses computer lol, and thats because firefox is alot more safer, easier to use and some things are only for firefox.

JaWasabi

Reaction score
Firefox three is a lot better than two. I highly recommend dowloading it. It's much faster and has more addons than 2.