Two Undelete-able Files Taking Up Disk Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
I don't exactly remember how they got there, but I have a directory called 'garbage' in my webspace that contains a folder called 'video\deepblue' and a file called 'video\deepblue\deepblue.avi' (both WITH the '\'s in the file names). Since these are impossible file/folder names, I cannot access them, rename them, delete them or modify them in any way. Can an administrator help me with this?

Edit: I found the same exact files in 'public_html/modules/videobb/media'

Last edited:

Scott

Reaction score
Please PM me your cPanel username and password, I need to look at it.

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
I PM'd you.

Edit: I found the copies of the same files in 'public_html/modules/videobb/media'

Last edited:

Scott

Reaction score
Our servers are under going a cPanel update, I can't access your account at the moment, I'll do it as soon as I have access. Thanks.

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
Any update on this? I don't know how serious this is, I don't want to get into any trouble for this. Is there some sort of hard-erase script either me or an admin can run to fix this?

Synkc

Reaction score
ScottD's on vacation, so he may not be able to help you on this anymore; I'll bump this thread to the Level Two support forum. ;)

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
Thanks, but I think I might know a solution. I've heard that you can delete 'impossible' files in the cPanel File Manager, so I will give that a try when the server is back up. It seems that the FTP protocol can't handle this. Another similar thing I found interesting, is that I can download and edit .htaccess files, but I can't create them in Windows. Weird file-naming rules.

Edit: Eureka! Problem solved, thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.