Lhc - Cern

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
We probably won't die based on what people say, but honestly there's always a bunch of speculation going on between people when big expensive projects like these get going. Otherwise, only time will tell us if this will destroy the world or form a black hole. As for recreating a Big Bang, we might but we better hope that whatever we're smashing doesn't morph up the Earth a lot. But yet again, I don't know the science behind it.

player6

Reaction score
I doubt we'll be destroyed by a miniblack hole. This is basically Hawkings and a bunch of guys in white coats (Meaning people who majored in physics and actually holds PHDs) vs one guy with a minor in physics and no concrete diploma and the media. What do you think?

JKnife

Reaction score
<conspiracy>
~Dec 12, 2012 the LHC will have been expanded and dubbed the Super Large Hadron Collider,
Also in December 2012 we have the BUT the Galactic Alignment in which we are lined up with the Galactic equator
so in Dec 2012 if they fire up the SLHC time and space will collapse.
</conspiracy>

Or we just may have the game Half-Life on our hands.. (srsly there are pictures around and 2 of the workers on the LHC look exactly like the GMan and Gordon Freeman...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galactic_coordinate_system
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Large_Hadron_Collider

<offtopic>
o_O wait i just noticed...
Gordon Freeman ala GMan..
in fact the gman kinnda looks like a older Gordon Freeman.. o_O
(and they are building teleportation devices, in the future they could build a time machine and that the gman IS gordon freeman from the future...)
I over think too much...
</offtopic>

mattura

Reaction score
Yeah the LHC will create black holes, but so what? These are present naturally within our universe and last for infinitesimally small amounts of time, doing no damage to the universal fabric of space-time.

I'd say it's a rather interesting time for science