Nvu or Dreamweaver?

What HTML editor(s) do you use?

• Total voters

lordsofvine

Reaction score
well actually it depends on the user anyway, it is how you manage that's all, but i use notepad, because i can do anything or customize it and don't just rely on the software that can detects bugs but i am nothing saying that is not worth, like i said it depends on the user or programmer so have fun guyz....

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
This isn't flaming or being rude, but I think Microsoft should have recognised the need for those features and added them to Expression Web 1.0. Expression web is basically FrontPage 12.1 anyway, it hasn't changed much since FrontPage in Office XP. Standards support is mildly better, but not half as good as Dreamweaver. I suppose it's got potential in the future though.

-Luke.

Standards support is massively improved, and calling it just FrontPage 12.1 is just unfair. Articles like this and this portray a slightly different story, and phrases like "Even if money is no object, Expression Web 2 might be your better choice". Those two are the first two results when searching the Google search engine.

I admit, I haven't looked that hard, partly because I don't care, but all the reviews I've seen so far of Expression Web 2 have been glowing. Find me a bad one and I still won't care, but still... Just my 2¢

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I use dreamweaver for html. I like the auto-close function when you write </ and the CSS auto-complete.

kkenny

Reaction score
Dreamweaver / The thing that's built into Cpanel / Notepad for me
I've just learned my coding around those programs, and those are what I prefer and what I became accustomed to using when I make sites.

JuniorD

Reaction score
if you dont care about how much it costs, Dreamweaver. Other than that, code in some free web editors.

Istuff

Reaction score
Dreamweaver is better and there's a way to get it for free.. but don't do it. Stick with Nvu. When i first started i just used notepad:) Now, i use cPanel file manager one or dreamweaver... it depends, sometimes i don't feel like uploading it every single time i wanna test it. But dreamweaver is very convenient:)

Last edited:

iglitter

Reaction score
Dreamweaver all the way. it has more and better functions than frontpage and any other html editor that i know.

kkenny

Reaction score
Dreamweaver all the way. it has more and better functions than frontpage and any other html editor that i know.

Because it's like the Photoshop for web design. Photoshop just owns the competition, and this is what Dreamweaver does for web design. Adobe is very amazing in my opinion.

sampuu

Reaction score
I normally use Dreamweaver but failing that it's Notepad (or Notepad2) if I can have a good reliable FTP connection or cPanel if I can't/its a minor edit (eg Typo Correction).

I like the way Dreamweaver integrates with Fireworks. It has a nice IDE and it's great for managing files all over the site. I love the way it auto-completes the closing tag when you type "</" and its just... :D YAY!

xPlozion

Reaction score
I currently use atpana on my windows install and apparently the only one here too (it's pretty good for a free editor), and on linux, I go between gedit and Zend Studio

RossSchVle

Banned
Reaction score
Dreamweaver is good for most webdesign, but sometimes it is nice to code in notepad ;)

KSclans

Reaction score
I use Dreamweaver because some times i open quotes and forgot to close them and Dreamweaver will show color

MarioMaster

Reaction score
Well I now use KompoZer to edit my web pages. I decided that I might as well use it since it seems to be better than Nvu.

Tampanisthebest

Reaction score
Dreamweaver is the best for me !!!!

Although Frontpage is good, but Dreamweaver is the one i'm searching !

Xemnas

Reaction score
Stuck with Notepad here, I don't have the money for Dreamweaver =(