Check out x360 Blog!

x360blog

Reaction score
Hey people. My friend and i are managing this site:

http://x360blog.pcriot.com/

It's still under construction and needs A LOT OF WORK. Please help me check it out and give me some tips on how to improve it. Thank you!

tittat

Reaction score
Love that animated site navigation.
The link to reviews seems to be broken.
In the contact page try to have a form which users can submit.
Its not wise to post your e-mail address there in public places, try to have an image instead.
Good Luck :)

x360blog

Reaction score
I created a subdomain that links to a forum. However, when i go to the new subdomain...it brings me to a cPanel page. I cant remove that cPanel page and it prevents the installation of my Forum

JuniorD

Reaction score
haha. I've seen this theme before! Though you edited it a ton after buying it. Looks like a beaut. Good luck.

Haavdwee

Reaction score
it looks a little too simple, ad a nice header and it would look a lot better

Dan

Reaction score
Right, first I'd say get yourselves a proper logo to put in place of where it says x360 blog.
Then I would say as your doing xbox 360 people are probably going to be expecting green colour scheme, so perhaps change the colour scheme.
Another thing I noticed is that the post text is all in Times New Roman...
Make it a bit nicer and put it on Arial or something.
And last of all, why've you got 6 of the original adverts that were on it!? Get rid of them and put your own adverts in :)

xmakina

Reaction score
Okay. Lot of work needed here.

First, the name. x360 just has to be an XBOX website, yet the tag line is "Hub of mass IT knowledge." and the only post is PC games, so I'm guessing it's a PC blog, rather than XBox.

Speaking of the tag line, the grammar is appalling. "Hub of mass" is just wrong. Change it to something else. "The IT Knowledge Hub" could work, but it sounds like a large forum than a blog. "A Mass of IT Knowledge" works for a blog but my God you'd better know your stuff if you use that. In fairness, "IT Knowledge" sounds very dull. It's not something I'd bother with unless I was looking up something.

As above, the text is all TNR, which only emphasises the "this site is less interesting than watching paint dry" image. Verdana or Arial are standard web fonts.

In your RSS feed link, "Stay update" should be "Stay up to date" and "site" should be "site's".

Your feedburner claims 28259 readers, which you do not have. This should be investigated and corrected.

You have neither valid XHTML or CSS. Don't say you have if you don't, especially if you're offering a "mass of IT Knowledge".

Finally to content;

Your about page still shows the default Wordpress post.

You can't even come up with 10 games for 1 month? Are you sure you're cut out to run a blog like this? Couldn't you have put the day you expect the games to be released?

A list is all you offer. I would expect more. Even just a brief run down of each game and why they should be bought.

Is English your first language? I suspect it isn't and it shows throughout the site. Why don't you scrap the site and write in your native tongue? A blog is only as good as what's written on it, and if the grammar and phrasing is all over the place then why on earth would people read it?

modulus

Reaction score
i agree totally with xmakina, took the words right from my mouth

sunils

Reaction score
As somebody said, remove the default ads and put on your ads. I liked the design. And its good to navigate. And create a logo/header for the site.