Need Help can't delete a folder!!

mrkgg

Reaction score
Hey on my site there is this folder in the public_html that i can't delete does anyone have any ideas on how to remove this

exemption

Reaction score
I would make a back up of the whole folder..delete..and restore it..simple plan and might just work...

tittat

Reaction score
Oh no please Don't delete public_html, that is the place that the portion of your website displayed over http.....

why you want to delete the public_html folder ????

vol7ron

Reaction score
Hey on my site there is this folder in the public_html that i can't delete does anyone have any ideas on how to remove this

Have you tried deleting the folder through FTP or remote connection?

HermXIV

Reaction score
Oh no please Don't delete public_html, that is the place that the portion of your website displayed over http.....

why you want to delete the public_html folder ????

I think he want's to delete a folder IN that folder, not the public_html folder itself.

Jordan C

Reaction score
Yea, try FTP or WebDisk. Otherwise try the other version of the file manager, theres two, maybe its in the permissions.

Nathan H

Reaction score
It does sound like he is trying to delete public_html though, which is not possible, because this is where the servers will direct web traffic too.

RSACorp

Reaction score
I agree to Nathan. You cannot delete folders that are set default by the administrators.

Sohail

Reaction score
I don't think there is anyway to do that and there wouldn't be any reason to do so because that's where you keep all your hosted files, anything in the directory below that a files related to the hosting including your cPanel and cannot be deleted.

nirajkum

Reaction score
Deleting public_html in linux is not possible as you dont have the right because you may not be the super user.
If you want to delete some directory . You will have to use -r option through command line for recursive deletion of all file inside that folder.

Nathan H

Reaction score
nirajkum - It is not possible under any circumstances to delete the public_html folder on x10hosting, this is because that is where the files that apache serves when your website is requested are stored.

vol7ron

Reaction score

If FTP or WebDisk do not work, make sure you have write permissions set to the folder. It won't delete if you don't have write permission.

The linux command to change this would be something like:
chmod 777 /folderpath/foldername

Or, you can manage it by right clicking it in the FTP client. Make sure that is your folderpath/name as 777 will give read/write/execute to all users.

Once you have write permission, you should be able to delete it. You can do this through FTP or WebDisk. Or, if you wish to use Linux, it would be:
rm -i /folderpath/foldername

I'm not sure if x10 has a Linux command line that you can use. But you can run a Perl script from cgi-bin to do the same thing.

xPlozion

Reaction score
did you check to see if the directory was empty? i noticed that w/ cpanel, the directory has to be empty before you can delete it. also, check the chmod permissions on that directory. you can do that within the file manager in cpanel

-xP