Boot help; Please Reply ASAP

neverlate2day

Reaction score
I have a XP and Vista dual boot
But my Xp does not show up in my Boot Menu after i inserted my Vista disk and did a startup repair

Does anyone know a software to modify boot menu, so that i can include XP

Please Reply ASAP I need Assistance

Ainokea

Reaction score
that depends if you installed the two os on different harddrives then you would need to enter bios and change the drive order. but if it isn't and its partition correctly, I'm pretty sure it should show up in the boot menu.

xtreemgreen

Reaction score
If its seperate Hard Drives...I dual boot 2003 server and Vista. What I learned is that when you install XP on the other hard drive, make sure the vista hard drive is NOT hooked up. After your done installing Xp, Then re-hook up the Vista Hard Drive.
If its on one Hard Drive, you'll need something like boot manager or do a google search for something like dual boot master boot record or something .
I always goto www.computing.net when I have a pc problem..very good people pver there.

Last edited:

Jordan C

Reaction score
I might be a little rusty, I use Mac now.

In Vista (or whatever works) go to the 'System' control panel (or properties of My Computer), then find Startup and Boot options (something along those lines). There should be a setting to ask which system to boot from by default, or it could ask you every time.

Hope this helps!

steronius

Reaction score
you probably only need to edit your boot.ini file. google it up. you could also try booting from XP (or Vista) CD and choosing "Recovery Console" and running the "bootcfg" command.

Nathan H

Reaction score
Thanks alot, Thats a really useful program, you can even add linux (grub etc) to the startup list as well.